Tummy tuck, lipo or laser required? (photos)

I would really appreciate any advice, I am desperate I am mother of two children 5 and 2, I am in a healthy weight range but this tummy just won't shift or tone up, I'm wondering whether I need a tummy tuck or whether it could be achieved by lipo or laser? Obviously I would prefer the least invasive option but at this stage I am desperate I will do anything! Thank you!

What procedure to choose

Thank you for the question and photos. A full tummy tuck would provide you with the most effective way to correct excessive skin and muscle separation. Although liposuction can remove fat, it can't fix flabby, hanging skin that often persists after weight loss or childbirth. In some cases, a mini tummy tuck may be sufficient to correct laxity and excess skin below your navel; however, a full tummy tuck delivers more tangible results by not only removing excess fatty tissue but also tightening abdominal muscles that have been separated and weakened by pregnancy or lack of activity. As always, an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi. 

Tummy tuck, lipo or laser required?

Tummy tuck would likely be the best option based upon the pictures.
Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

Tummy tuck with lipo is the best choice

you can consider less invasive treatments for your abdomen but you will need atummy tuck at the end so you should save time and go straight to a plastic surgeon to consult about a tummy tuck, you can add liposuction to get a better and curvier look, Best Wishes!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

Tummy tuck, liposuction or laser?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck, liposuction and laser.
  • I am sorry to give you the news you don't want but you need a tummy tuck.
  • Your photo clearly shows you have significant stretching of skin and muscle 
  • No amount of exercise, laser or liposuction will correct this.
  • At least I hope I have saved you spending money on treatments that absolutely cannot help you!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS