Pip implant removal. (photo)
Doctor Answers 2
PIP implants - worried about removal and about future problems.
- I am sorry you have these problems and face these decisions.
- These are severely defective implants and I strongly urge you to have them removed as soon as possible.
- You will be upset to be flat again - but it is better than serious complications from the implant.
- You can see a plastic surgeon before removal to find out if s/he can at the same time or soon after, either do a breast lift to reshape your breasts or to place a new, approved implant.
- It is not smart to have known defective implants with known complications when they can be removed at no charge.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.