Pip implant removal. (photo)

I had implants with Harley Medical almost ten years ago, turned out they were pip ones. I'm worried about them and know they need to be removed. I did have scans a few years back which showed they were fine and I was told to leave them be. I'm wondering if it is best to get them out before anything can happen? I can get this done on the nhs but they won't replace them. I'm scared il be upset with the results but also worried if I get them replaced there will be other problems down the line

It is natural to be scarred but you need to remove these implants. I have attached the NHS guidance on PIP implants. Make sure to see a suitably qualified surgeon to advise you.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

PIP implants - worried about removal and about future problems.

Thank you for asking about your PIP implants.
  • I am sorry you have these problems and face these decisions.
  • These are severely defective implants and I strongly urge you to have them removed as soon as possible.
  • You will be upset to be flat again - but it is better than serious complications from the implant.
  • You can see a plastic surgeon before removal to find out if s/he can at the same time or soon after, either do a breast lift to reshape your breasts or to place a new, approved implant.
  • It is not smart to have known defective implants with known complications when they can be removed at no charge.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS