Male Tummy Tuck Needed? 22 Year Old Male. Excess / Loose Skin After Weight Loss?! (photos)

At my heaviest (2013) I used to weigh 17 stone, we use stone in the UK (17 stone = 107.955kg or 238 pounds). I'm down now to 13 stone (13 stone = 82.5kg or 138 pounds). I started my weight loss journey in June 2013, coming up to three years. I never really was conscious about how bad my diet was or how little exercise I took part in. Fast forward 3 years nearly, I go to the gym 6 days a week and eat a balanced / healthy diet. check out my profile & read my review for more information please!

Tummy Tuck!

Thank you for your question and photos! I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation.  You would benefit from a tummy tuck.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Hi CRAIGC3, Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on t the pictures it seems as if you would be a great candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck, I suggest scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best regards!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Male Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss and impressive body transformation. Based on the photos provided, it appears you are a candidate for a full tummy tuck, and possibly a lower body lift. The lower abdominal and flank skin excision will give you an excellent contour.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination and to discuss the specific details of the procedure. Ask to see before and after tummy tuck photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.

Tummy tuck - after 100 pound weight loss

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

• Congratulations on your weight loss, fitness and healthy living. Well done!!
  • Your photos strongly suggest that you should have a tummy tuck - at least.
  • If your back and side skin is loose, then a lower body lift would be better.
  • See a plastic surgeon who does both tummy tucks and body lifts - before deciding which is best for you.
  • These procedures are life-changing in men of all ages. 
  • At your age, have the right operation - you will appreciate it the rest of your life.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

You might be a good candidate for male tummy tuck

I applaud you for your strong commitment to a healthy lifestyle, which makes you a good candidate for tummy tuck.  

I strongly advice that you consult with at least two board-certified plastic surgeon who perform tummy tuck and other plastic surgeries after weight loss.  Also, look at their actual patients' before-and-after photos, which can reveal a lot about their artistic skills and eye for detail. 

During consultation, you may want to bring a pair of underwear or swimming trunk that you actually [like] to wear.  This will help your surgeon plan your surgery and position the scar in a way that it is hidden by clothing.

You may want to visit the link below showing before-and-after photos of tummy tuck patients. 

I hope that helps and good luck.

Loose skin after weight loss

Glad to see your new physique after training.  Options for tightening of the lower abdominal skin include radio-frequency devices which offer temporary improvement, the Precision Tx Smart Lipo Laser which may produce some tightening or a tummy tuck.  The tummy tuck will give the most reliable results. Opt for the shortest and lowerst scar possible to make it most easily concealed.
Please use this information when consulting in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Lost weight - should I get a Tummy Tuck?

Congratulations on your healthy change! In order to remove that extra skin and accompanying stretch marks, which you see in your photos where you bend over, you would require a tummy tuck. Bear in mind that a full tummy tuck does create a scar around your belly button as well as across your waist. You should have a thorough examination with a plastic surgeon and communicate your goals. He or she can show you where to expect the scars. If you are willing to trade your extra skin for some scars and improved shape, you may be an excellent candidate. If you wish to avoid surgery, there are some non-surgical skin tightening options out there. Non-surgical skin tightening may not improve your loose skin to where you would like to be, but it is a scarless option worth discussing with your surgeon as well. 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Male Tummy Tuck Needed? 22 Year Old Male. Excess / Loose Skin After Weight Loss?!

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be very proud of your accomplishment. Based on your history and photographs, you will likely be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery. Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You will find a lot of information on this website, as well as on the attached link. Best wishes.