Had Lipo on my stomach a year ago. Feel not enough fat was taken out. Stomach looks awful. (photos)

Had lipo last year on my stomach. Stomach still feels swollen but feels they did not take enough fat out. Please take a look at my photos.

Tummy Tuck Needed

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your experiance but in your case Tummy tuck is needed, if you have experienced skin sagging on your abdominal area after a weight loss, if you are unhappy with the sagged look of your abdominal area after the pregnancy, if you had a liposuction operation and now your belly is sagged; then you can get benefit from a Tummy Tuck operation.

Tummy tuck may be needed.

Thank you for your question and photos. I’m very sorry to hear you’re not satisfied with your results. You would need to have an in-person, physical exam to determine the best solution for you, although it appears from your photos that you have a great deal of laxity in the abdominal skin and may need a tummy tuck. Removing fat with liposuction when the abdominal skin doesn’t have good tone or sufficient firmness can leave the stomach with a stretched-out appearance. Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon for a physical examination and consultation. He or she will be able to determine if additional lipo, a tummy tuck or combination of the two is what’s needed to give you the flat, firm stomach you’re hoping for. 

Liposuction - should more be done?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am sorry you are disappointed.
  • Your photo suggests that you have loose skin -
  • It doesn't suggeset there is a lot of excess fat.
  • If you have had children, you might even need a tummy tuck.
  • I suggest you see a plastic surgeon for an examination to determine the best next step.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS