I have had Botox 3 times on brow and it still has not worked. Can you suggest what I need to do?

My Botox is not working

Botox effect is all about amount and placement. If you are not getting the effect you want, one or both need to be adjusted.

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox Not Working

It is difficult to provide any suggestions without a photograph. 

Should you still have muscle movement after these injections, it is possible that you may require a larger dose of the medication. 

Should you still have wrinkles while the muscles are at rest, it is possible that you may require an injectable filler to fill this lines, as well as Botox. 

I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your skilled and qualified injector, to express your concerns and to determine your best treatment options. 

Take care. 

Unable to achieve goals with Botox

Thank you for your question.  Without more information it really isn't possible to make suggestions.  Some of the factors to consider are the goals you are trying to accomplish, the status of your eyelids and eyebrows, and what type of treatments have been performed that have not worked out.  Once this information has been evaluated by a physician who has expertise in facial aesthetics,

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.

You may not be getting enough Botox injected to help achieve your desired results. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox Question

I would certainly need to see a photo to determine what is going on. If you are treating to raise your brows, the issue may be that you need a brow lift rather than Botox injections. It is important that you are seeing a skilled and qualified injector. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon if your brow placement is your concern.
Thanks,
Dr. Weniger

Botox & the brow

Without an in person exam or photos, it's impossible to say. However, the success of Botox is extremely dependent in the skill of your injector. Since you've been unhappy with your results, I would suggest trying a new surgeon. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Botox and Brow

Without a photo I am not sure what the situation is.  Please re-post the question with a photo to better assist you.  Botox can be used to give a subtle brow lift with good results.  Best, Dr. Green

Failed Botox for brow elevation

Dear olly1973:

It is impossible to answer this question without an in-person evaluation. What I can offer is that there are many reasons for Botox not working. Most of them are injector error or lack of injector experience as Botox nor Dysport has nearly never failed me.

Botox relaxation of brow ptosis and expression lines is an art and a science. The injector is key in identifying which muscles and how many units of Botox must be injected to achieve the results you desire.

Please seek a second consultation from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, ENT Facial Surgeon or Dermatologist who is expert in such injection.

I hope this is helpful. All the best to you.

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Botox Not Working

There are a few things to consider. Firstly, have you been to the same provider for all 3 treatments? If so, you try going to a different, possibly more experienced, injector. Secondly, since Botox comes in a dry form that has to be diluted with saline, it is possible that the Botox used was overly diluted. Lastly, you may want to consider trying Xeomin. For some people it can work more effectively since it dos not have the additional proteins found in Botox. If you still do not have success with injectables you might consider laser resurfacing. Hope this helps.

Shelena Lalji, MD
Sugar Land OB/GYN

Botox

You say it didn't work, do you mean that you still had some lines of your forehead, or were you still able to completely move your forehead? The lines will actually take time to diminish and you may also need other treatments to get rid of the permanent lines. However, if you still had full movement after using Botox I would suggest having someone else try treating you.Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon