How many FUE hair grafts would I need?

I have asked roughly my doctor how much the price of FUE hair grafts are and I wad wondering by the line I have drew on my forehead how many this would be?

How many FUE hair grafts would I need?

Hello, and thank you for posting your question. From the looks of the pictures you have posted, it can seem you can use around 1500 grafts or so. Of course the final number of grafts depend on the total surface area being covered, and all this depends on the final result of the design.

FUE is very much doable if you want the least invasive way, and only certain areas of the hair need to be clipped, where it won't even be visible once the hair is pulled up and down.

Hope this helps

Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

I will assume you are a woman

The hairline shape you drew is not the ideal female hairline design. You can see the ideal hairline design on Catherine Zeta Jones (actress) who shows a rounded hairline, similar but not exactly like what you drew. What you drew might bake about 1500 grafts if your hair weight is average, but it would take a higher number if your hair was fine. See hairline designs below in the web link

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairline Advancement using Hair Transplantation

Hi There. You would need around 2000 to 2500 grafts. A couple of sittings of 1000 to 1200 grafts will give you the best results. And personally I would prefer FUT than FUE as you would not have to shave your head. 

NeoGraft

Thank you for your question. Please consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon to generate a NeoGraft plan based upon your desires. This plan will indicate how many grafts you need and the potential cost.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

FUE surgery generally requires shaving your head.

It is best to see a doctor if you would be a good surgical candidate. Photos cannot determine if you are a surgical candidate. Your expectations may be different than what a surgery may provide. You may have further (future) hair loss that you may have not thought about. Your donor hair may not be sufficient.  These are all factors you must discuss with your doctor.

Finally FUE surgery generally requires shaving your head.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairline lowering

The number of grafts depends on the density you are trying to achieve. I would suggest an average of 1500 to 2000 grafts would give a nice result. I don't recommend ding FUE as you need to shave your head to harvest the grafts. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many grafts

You likely need a couple of sessions to build nice density. I estimate the area to be 45 sq cm. The first session with 1800 grafts and a send with 1200-1500 would likely lead to a very nice outcome. Please to others about hairline advancement. I would do FUT over FUE.