Wanting breast implants to improve fullness & cleavage in upper poles of breasts but had reduction 10 years ago? (Photos)

I am concerned by the flatness of my breasts and slight asymmetry post breast feeding my daughter. I would like round breast implants but as I have a history of breast reduction 10 yrs ago (anchor technique, no implants) I am confused by my options?? I have had a number of consultations all with vastly different opinions including round implants alone, lollipop lift with implants and another reduction with implants (which I'm hoping to avoid) look forward to other professional opinions?

Wanting breast implants to improve fullness...

You look to have a very nice result from your previous breast reduction. Adding implants would allow for more projection and superior pole fullness. It does not look to me that you need to redo your reduction. The old scars can be used for access and in fact be revised at the time of surgery to improve them.

Breast Augmentation after Breast reduction

Hi,

It should be possible to do a breast augmentation alone, however the only way to definitely advise you if you also need a lift would be to examine you. If your lower breast skin is quite loose, then maybe you would need one. 

Regards, Dr Steve Merten

Desiring more after a breast reduction

from the appearance on your photos, it appears you could achieve the shape you desire with a modest sized implant. Combining this with a lift or a reduction will complicate the procedure unnecessarily. It can always be done as a staged procedure if needed. Careful not to get to large an implant that will stretch the tissues at the bottom and alter the aesthetic shape you already have. Discuss the options with your surgeon.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation following reduction

From your photographs  it looks like you got an excellent result from your breast reduction. It is not uncommon after a breast reduction and with time that you have lost upper pole fullness.  The great news is that it would be no problem to place implants below  the muscle and if any adjustments need to be made in terms of loose breast tissue or skin your previous incisions can be utilized.  

Gerald L. Yospur, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation after previous breast reduction surgery…

Yes, you should be able to proceed with breast augmentation surgery. What you describe is not an uncommon occurrence; patients wishing to proceed with breast augmentation surgery after previous breast reduction or lifting operations.

Whether additional maneuvers such as revision of the breast reduction (breast lifting) will be helpful will depend mainly on your physical examination and careful communication of your goals. In my practice, I find that this communication is best done with the help of goal photographs and computer imaging.

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she has significant experience achieving the types of outcomes that you be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully. Work together you should be able to come up with a plan and outcome that you will be pleased with. Best wishes.