Follow-Up Question - Would round high profile 400cc be suitable for me? (photos)

I am wanting to achieve a rounder fuller shape in the upper poles of my breasts. Based on my photos would high profile round 400 cc under the muscle be suitable?

To see previous question, please click here.

Implant size

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Follow-Up Question - Would round high profile 400cc be suitable for me?

Based on the photo, I think that a high profile implant will give you the rounder shape and more upper pole fulness that you want. 400cc's should be fine as long as the implant is not too wide for your breast. Good luck!

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Would round high profile 400cc be suitable for me?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Whether additional maneuvers such as revision of the breast reduction (breast lifting) will be helpful will depend mainly on your physical examination and careful communication of your goals. Again, in my practice, I find that this communication is best done with the help of goal photographs and computer imaging.

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she has significant experience achieving the types of outcomes that you be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully. Working together you should be able to come up with a plan and outcome that you will be pleased with. Best wishes.

High profile implants and upper breast pole fullness

The truth is, only a physical exam (and lengthy consultation as well) can determine the most viable option.  But to shed light on the issue of additional fullness in the upper poles, you are on the right track--high profile implants can give you the look you're after.

Ultra high implants are another option, although many surgeons do not like their look because the breasts tend to look somewhat pointy.

To achieve the results that would make you happy, you should be honest and very clear about your personal preference and cosmetic goals during the initial consultation.

Good luck and best wishes. 

Getting the right implants

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want and not overly focus on a specific cup size or implant size. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Choosing implant size

Saline implants that are larger and have a diameter that is as wide as your breast will give you upper pole fullness. It’s hard to give an exact yes or no answer without an in-person consultation, so I highly suggest talking with your plastic surgeon to further discuss your case.

Fuller look

In theory that implant would work well for you as long as the measurements are in keeping with your breast platform

My advice for patients wanting the fuller upper pole look is to use a tall height high projection implants.

In my opinion looks better than round implants because they have more projection and sit higher on the chest wall

Hope this helps

good luck