I want a chin implant. Is there a doctor who can give me my desired look? (Photo)

This is a quick yes or no, I just need to know if their is a doctor out there who can give me my desire look. So I can schedule a date. I really have disliked my jaw for the longest time! I would like to have a stronger profile.. some of the before and after pictures I see however are just to much alike in my opinion. I'd like my neck to look longer and my jaw to be stronger and longer. I feel like my beck is attached to my jaw !!! Ugh wish pic below

Chin Augmentation

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. When it comes to surgery, it is difficult to provide a “yes” or “no” answer without an in-person evaluation. Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a chin augmentation. Whether the exact chin from the photo you provided is achievable will depend on a number of factors. In my practice, I like to use 3-D digital photos to communicate realistic surgery outcomes to my patients. It is very important that you chose a surgeon who is experienced in chin augmentation and understands your aesthetic goals. I recommend consulting with a board-certified specialist who can make more specific suggestions for you after an in-person evaluation.

Chin surgery

Yes. I believe you could get the results you desire. You might want to also look into sliding genioplasty procedure as an alternative.

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

I want a chin implant. Is there a doctor who can give me my desired look?

Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation and examination, since both the chin and the implants are three-dimensional structures. The augmentation is a three-dimensional augmentation. The quick answer is yes to your question. In our practice for over 25 years, we have been using Implantech silastic chin implants. Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with the chin implant on your facial features. For more information, diagrams of the implants themselves and many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below 

Want a chin implant. Is there a doctor who can give me my desired look?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front, the chin is weak as is the back portion of the jaw line when compared to the model photo provided.  These combine to create an elongated, oval shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

The back portion of your jaw line is a bit weak and can be augmented, without making your face appear masculine, using precise placement of a dermal filler (I prefer using Restylane Lyft).  

Hope this helps.

Chin/Jawline Augmentation

Given your short chin/jaw, a sliding genioplasty would be best to get your jawline extend out and create a clear separation between your chin and your neck. Whether you want to have jaw angles implants at the same time to make the back part of your jaw stronger and more defined is also an option. The simple answer is yes it can be done.

Find the right surgeon to help you decide if you are a candidate for a Chin Implant?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered.  You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation