What can I expect from breast implant revision? (Photo)

My 375 HP silicone implants look awful. I have a weird dent in the cleavage of my right breast which is most noticeable when I push my breasts together. I'm considering pocket revision. Would a different size or shape impant look better? Can my scars be improved? I don't want to look worse, would a revision improve my results?

What Can I Expect From Breast Implant Revision?

As far as I can ascertain from your comments, your two major concerns vis-a-vis your existing breast augmentation surgery are: (1) a dent in your cleavage on one side, and (2) your infra areolar scar.

The weird dent you refer to on your right breast is more than likely secondary to a capsular contracture.  I have seen this type of dent on several patients who have come to me for a revision.  These dents always turn out to be caused by scar tissue (capsular contracture).  These dents are relatively easily cured by an open capsulectomy. 

The infra areolar scars, which admittedly are not attractive, I find are best hidden by tattooing areola pigment over the scars 3-4 months after the breast implant revision. 

There is no way to guarantee you improved results with the revision, however I recommend you have an open and honest discussion with your Board Certified plastic surgeon about both your concerns, and also his or her plan for the revision. 

What to Expect with a Breast Implant Revision

I am sorry to read of your disappointment. The #sagging of current implants can occur due to many reasons.  Some include the #size of the breast and implant,  #weight of the breast and implant,  #gravity , #age and/or aging, #weight loss and weight gain.  #Tissue integretity (ie.  some women are more prone to experience sagging due to weakness of their skin and breast #tissue at the fold.  In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result. There are a variety of techniques for a #BreastLift. I prefer to use the short scar technique, “#lollipop scar” or “#donut lift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring. Although the “anchor-shape” or inverted “T” incision is still more popular in the United States, it represents an older technique with extensive #scarring and a less optimal result in many cases. If you are very thin or lean, any type of #implant can display some #wrinkling.  However, #positioning under the muscle may help.  Silicone implants do better than saline in this case. Also, adding a mesh (i.e. #ADM or similar) can help. Smaller implants, skin #tightening and #capsulectomy may also address #rippling or #wrinkling.
Be sure to select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with breast #augmentation and the incision type, #implant placement, and implant type. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your breast augmentation. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Breast Implant revision goals and expectations

Thanks for sharing your question and photos.

I would recommend that you discuss this openly with your plastic surgeon.  I recommend follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon to discuss treatment options.  I do believe that your implant pocket on the right could be enhance and made more to your liking and that your scars would likely improve with scar revison.  

Best Wishes

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

What can I do to tighten up my loose skin after having two kids?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. I would suggest that you share your concerns with your plastic surgeon, who after physical examination, will be your best resource. Based on your photographs, it is possible that adjustment of the right medial breast implant pocket may improve the contour of this area. Scar revision surgery may also be useful in achieving a finer line scar. Best wishes.