Lipo vs Smart Lipo. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have been researching (@1year) and looking to have one of the procedures done. I have recently come across "Real Self" and wanted to use it as a tool as I am ready to take the plunge. I have included photos and wondering which type of procedure would best fit my body type. I would liked to get my waist back (I'm looking boxy) and slim down my inner and outer thighs and love handles. Thank you for the feedback.

SmartLipo for skin tightening

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for liposuction especially SmartLipo. I like using laser to provide skin tightening. Most important thing is the sculpting expertise of your plastic surgeon however.

Lipo type

You can get a nice result with either type of liposuction. The smart lipo melts the fat with a laser and the heat from the laser helps with skin tightening. These are the main advantages over traditional liposuction. My smart lipo patients also tend to have less pain post op and less bruising.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

My suggestion is a hi definition procedure with fat transfer to get the best ultimate shape in your torso, arms, legs/buttock.  You are a great candidate. Best, Dr. Emer.

What is the best procedure for me?

Thank you for your questions and pictures. There are many procedures that can help reshape the body and the choice of the procedure is more dependent on the doctor that you are dealing with as well as your specific concerns and anatomy.
Generally speaking, it is best to have fat removal as well as some form of skin tightening. These procedures include BodyTite and SmartLipo, among others.
I suggest that you see few docotors who specialize in liposuction and get a thorough assessment and consultation prior to proceeding with any procedure.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Smartlipo Offers Benefits

Thank you for including photos with your question. It appears that you are a good candidate for liposuction. As you've probably discovered during your research, liposuction includes a range of techniques. I prefer Smartlipo TriPlex, which uses 3 different laser wavelengths to produce excellent results with less discomfort and a shorter recovery time. The laser energy also promotes tighter skin, which enhances the body's contours in the treatment area. Keep in mind that the procedure that is best for you can only be determined after a physical exam conducted by a board-certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Arthur M. Cambeiro, MD

Lipo vs Smart Lipo

It is not particularly important which of these procedures that you have done. Either can get you an excellent result in the right hands! More importantly is your selection of a surgeon to perform your procedure. Exactly which tool that surgeon uses to accomplish your goal is a decision best made by the surgeon.

For the best results seek the consultation of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They have a website listing all the certified plastic surgeons. Members of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery will all be board certified in plastic surgery and have demonstrated an interest and competence in cosmetic plastic surgery as well.

Alexander G. Nein, MD, MS, FACS