Had tear trough filler 5 days ago. Does this look as you'd expect. I think eyes look like they now have bags! (photo)

I need advice.... Do I need more filler or have I been given too much. My right eye had been more bruised than the other. Been told at work today how tired I look. ..not the look I wanted :(

Fillers

It can take approximately 2 weeks to see the optimal results from fillers and for the swelling to reside. If you are still concerned with the outcome then I would recommend to followup with your provider.

Dr. Kathleen Morno

Highland Park Physician

Swelling/Bruising/Lumpiness (early) from Fillers

I always tell my patients to not love their filler injections for 2 weeks. Swelling is very common and sometimes immediate. It can last 3-7 days and a good idea is to use cold compresses. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling only if needed. This may be applied for 3 minutes, 3 times per day, for up to 3 days. This is best done with a bag of peas in a zip lock bag. Only apply light pressure to the area but gentle massage might be necessary if the bump is from the filler material itself. Get Arnica gel if you can find some and apply a few times a day as well to help treat any swelling. Avoid any blood thinners. Bruising can also last 1-2 weeks. I don't recommend hyaluronidase this early and wait a few weeks until the swelling has resolved. If it is persistent or you are worried, set up a follow up appointment with your dermatologist.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Tear troughs

Hello, and thanks for your question.

Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  H

ope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon