I want to know whether or not I have Gynecomastia? (photos)

gynecomastia, man boobs, moobs; I am a 21 year old male. I have lost 25 kg in past 2 years , My height is 177cm and weight is 75kg I am attaching my photos

Do you have gynecomastia?

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

I want to know whether or not I have Gynecomastia?

Thank you for the question and picture. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. 

Generally speaking, liposuction surgery alone is useful to treat lipomastia (an enlarged chest secondary to adipose tissue); rarely does it suffices as the only modality of treatment when it comes to treating true gynecomastia. Most patients with gynecomastia benefit from direct excision of glandular tissue plus/minus peripheral liposuction surgery.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

About Gynecomastia and the Treatment Options

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. 

From your description and photos, I agree that Gynecomastia is present. Surgical treatment would involve removal of all excess fat and gland via a periareolar incision (incision only on the lower half of the areola borders). Your age is a favoring factor for a beautiful and natural result, as your skin will retract nicely with no wrinkles or depressions. I do suggest that liposuction be performed on the surrounding breast mound for an even contour and to avoid a "crater" depression. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Do I have gynecomastia?

Thanks for your question. Based on the one picture that you send with limited view I believe you have gynecomastia. Your should consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has treated lots of gynecomastia. There are several different options in treatment based on the type of gynecomastia. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

You have gynecomastia.

You have gynecomastia.  It is harmless but can be removed surgically. It all depends on your own feelings about man boobs.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

#gynecomastia #manboobs #moobs

The medical diagnosis of gynecomastia or #pseudogynecomastia can only be determined by exam. From you photos however, it is evident that you do have a visual excess of breast. You appear to be a good candidate for fat and likely tissue removal. Please make a consultation appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience with #maleplasticsurgery.  I would recommend that you have been at a stable weight for several months.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Looks like gynecomastia

You should consult a n expert who performs gynecomastia surgeries often in order to get optimal results with no recurrence.Just be careful who you choose.   

Mordcai Blau, MD

Hi atomr30,

Thank your for you're pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would  benefit from a gynecomastia procedure. Please consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon