Is this crater deformity? (Photo)

Im 25 yo now.Got my surgery in 2009. After surgery skin on my chest was wrinkled.Side of the chest was rock solid for couple of months.Also skin area around nipple is numb it's not that sensitive like other parts of my chest.6 years after I gained weight and when I'm relaxed it looks like it's ok until I make some movement or bend forward.Is it Crater Deformity? Is there anything that can be done in my case?. If I fix this problem now, loose fat and gain muscle again would it make a difference?

Crater deformity?

It is sort of a crater deformity. But I think it is primarily being caused by under correction of the rest of the surrounding breast. Go get a consult from a gynecomastia surgeon.

Indentation following male breast reduction

Thank you for the question.   The indentation demonstrated in the photograph is commonly referred to as a "crater deformity."  It can be treated by fat grafting - harvesting fat and transferring it to fill in the depression. 

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about Indentations Years After Gynocomastia Surgery

If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.