Are there different techniques for achieving full lips in Juvederm injections? (photos)

After the swelling goes down from my lip injections, my lips still look a little small on the outside, but fuller on the inside. Are there different techniques that are used for lip injections? I would like my lips to resemble that of Rebel Wilson's or Kylie Jenner's. I have had Restalyn and Juvederm injections in the lips, but my lips look fuller on the inside than on the outside. What are the different techniques used in lip injections?

Lip injection techniques

Thank you for your question. There are a variety of techniques for lip augmentation using the traditional fillers like Restylane or Juvederm. As an instructor for both of these products, I often teach techniques based on desired outcomes. A smoother looking lip may require the use of a finerl product placed more superficially and spreading across the entirety of the red lip.  Outlining the lip may be also necessary for patients that have a blunted to lip border. Defining the philtral column can also provide attractiveness to the top lip. Creating a pouty lip requires more in the center of the lips the bottom and top  while maintaining appropriate proportions  Treating lip asymmetry is also an art in and of itself and require several different techniques to try to help provide more symmetry. Perhaps the most challenging aspect with any lip augmentation, is the assessment. That is we're going to an expert injector will make a big difference.

Lip augmentation technique

Technique definitely plays a part in your results, but you may also be limited by the actual shape of your lips. If you don't love your results, perhaps try another doctor next time? Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Lip Fillers Long Term, Use Cannulas and a Conservative approach

there are many ways to inject fillers and those can be combined to get the best results.  Cannulas limit complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip augmentation

Lip augmentation will appear differently for each individual. Certainly technique is important. If your lips aren't filled to your satisfaction then you need more or use a different injector.

Lip augmentation

It's not so much the products as there r many available , but the analysis of the needs of the patient & the technique used . Lips have been the most uncomfortable area to inject in the past until the introduction of the Dermosculpt technique using a microcannula that literally makes it a painless & bruiseless experience !
Also the addition of Lidocaine in these products adds to a better & faster result ,of course less is better with all injectibles resisting the demand to match celebrity results , by the way Kylie Jenner wants her old lips back according to reports , so use only ' temporary ' products that will go away if the pt doesn't like the result !

Jerrold Gendler, MD, FRCS

Juvederm and Lip Injections

There are various techniques for injecting the lips.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in the lips for the best results. 

Are there different techniques for achieving full lips in Juvederm injections?

Most likely you nee more product injected? Best to seek more in person opinions.....................

There are different fillers and techniques for lip augmentation

Thank you for sharing your question. From your photograph, it appears that you have a great result which looks natural. There are many fillers on the market, but most work very well. There are also different methods of injecting
as well as various desired outcomes by patients and doctors. I always feel that less is more. You can always add filler, but once you get too much injected it looks unnatural. Make sure an experienced expert injector performs your treatment. Good luck.

Filler and lips

Thank you for your question.  Your lips look great!!  There are many different techniques and ways to fill, i.e.: needle, microcannlua, injected at different angles, buttressing the corners, etc.  We typically do not fill out laterally because that is how you get the "sausage" lip look.  If you wanted to do anything additional to your lips you may consider a little bit more volume and definition of the lip lines and philtral columns (cupids bow).  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias 

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon