My surgery was on aug 22 it is now sep 5 and every time I lay down I feel my implant moving.

my surgery was on aug 22 it is now sep 5 and everytime i lay down i feel like my left implant moves up and it really bothers me . And its hard for me to get up . I was a 32a before i got 450 cc . I dont know whar size i am now .. I also feel pain sometimes . Its like a stinging feeling in my scar and muscle for Like 3 seconds . Then come and goes . My nipples i cant even rub them they hurt me . is this normal !!!

Moving implant

Your symptoms are all nonspecific, and not uncommon in many patients recovering from surgery in the first six weeks to three months after their operation. You should contact your plastic surgeon for an examination and more information.

Too early to judge outcome

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome.  It takes time for the implants to settle into position and the skin and muscle to stretch out to accommodate the new implant.  It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look.  Be patient.

BA Recovery

As you heal you will experience some changes in sensation. It is not uncommon for the incisions to feel burning or stinging as they heal and nerves regenerating can cause intermittent shooting pains which are typically minor and resolve after a few months. The breast implants may have a small amount of fluid around them for the first few weeks and this is absorbed by the body, making them feel less shifty. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon with any ongoing concerns and they'll let you know what to expect.
All the best

Everything you are describing now is pretty normal for 2 weeks post-op

It is still very early after your surgery, and over the next few months things will improve significantly.  Your sensation should return to normal, and the weird sense that your implants are shifting or that you have something foreign in your body will slowly disappear.  As your capsules around the implants stabilize and you become more accustomed to how the implants feel, you will become less and less aware that they’re in there.  Depending upon the type of implants you have - smooth or textured - you may or may not have some movement in them even after things heal for good.  In general, textured implants move within the pocket much less than smooth surfaced implants do, so if you have smooth implants, you can expect some motion from them, in fact, you kind of want a little bit, over the long term.  But, again, you will be much less aware of them as time goes on.  Much of the sensory change has to do with swelling and tension being placed on tissues due to the sudden increase in volume from the implants.  As swelling resolves and tissues relax to accommodate to the new volume and shape of the implants, the nerves will begin to function more normally.  Sensation will return in areas where numbness is now, and things like hypersensitivity and "pins and needles" (we call that "paresthesias" in the business - so there's even a word for it, it's not all that rare!) will slowly resolve.  But, this all takes some time, and right now at barely 3 weeks post-op your swelling is still present.  The same thing goes for any fleeting pains or twinges.  Fixed and constant pain is a different matter, but things that come and go are very normal and part of the tissue healing process.  This may take around 3 to 4 months minimum.  This is because it just takes that long for things to get to a stable equilibrium.  With regard to the sensory changes, one thing that I have found to be very helpful in my own patients is to steal a technique from my hand surgery days.  When we had patients with nerve injuries who would experience the typical sensory changes like painful hypersensitivity, pins and needles, burning, and the like, we would do all kinds of "desensitization" training for their injured body part.  Really it was more like sensory "re-education" for the brain.  We might have them put their hand in water of differing temperatures, maybe some warm wax like you get with a manicure, or have them rub their fingers across things like denim or canvas, or sift through things like sand, rice, or dry beans.  All of this was to provide different sensory inputs to the brain and re-train it to get sensations more normal.  This same approach works for breasts too, I have found.  I tell my patients who have these issues to get some nice smelling body butter or oil and gently massage their skin (not necessarily the implants themselves, that's only as directed by your surgeon) just so that they get some sensory input to the areas of the skin with abnormal sensation on a regular basis.  The last thing you want to do, in my own opinion, is to keep areas like this "cooped up" in a bra and never touched because they are too sensitive.  That will actually make the sensory changes persist longer and delay the ultimate recovery of any normal sensation.  Again, check with your surgeon before trying this, and be sure all wounds are completely healed first as well.  The bottom line, however, is that it is very early, and things will definitely improve as time goes on.  Best of luck to you.

Movement of the breast implant within the pocket early after breast augmentation.

The sensation year experiencing is fairly common. The implant will eventually become immobile when the capsule the body puts around the implant is complete.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.I would definitely recommend that you contact your surgeon and have him/her exam the area just to rule out any complications but you are very early on in your recovery and throughout your recovery period you may experience different sensations such as tingling, burning or intermittent shooting pain.  These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue stretch to accommodate your implants, and as sensory nerves heal. These sensations along with the feeling that your implant is moving should all resolve within the next 4-6 weeks.
Best of luck in your recovery!
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Symptoms post-op

Your description is very common for breast augmentation.  Most patients feel the implant move and it is not uncommon to have some discomfort at 2-3 weeks post-op. If concerned, see your surgeon.

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question.You are still in the very early stages of your recovery. Everything you have described sounds very normal as you get all manner of differing sensations as the nerves settle. If at any time you are worried or concerned do contact your plastic surgeons office, and make sure you are following all the post surgery advice given to you.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon