What is the small rash on the side of my breast? I've had silicon implants for 25 years and I never have any problems

( they got a bit harder but very mild didn't change the shape)but for the last 6 months I notice a small rash on my right side breast, doesn't hurt or itchy, what could be? Btw my doctor said this type of implants are very good ( the ones used for mastectomy) it is most likely I won't have any problems. He said that in 1991 ,when I have them done, he is right the only think I notice now is the rash on my right side, no pain, I would like to know what it is.

Rash

I recommend that you have your breasts and overall health examined in person by your primary care physician. Breast imaging can be done to determine if there is any issue with your breast implants.

All the best

Rash?

Without being seen in person, there is no way to tell you what it is or what might be the cause. A dermatologist is a good person to see for this.

Rash on breast

Hello, there is no way to diagnose a rash based on a description.  You would need to seek in-person medical attention.

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, I would recommend that you follow up with your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Rash

The diagnosis of a rash is best done, in my opinion by dermatologist and may have nothing to do with your breast implants. The feeling that one is more stiff than the other could be early capsular contracture. I would recommend you go back to your operating plastic surgeon to be evaluated.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS