Can a person with chronic sinusitis safely have a BA procedure?

I had an MRI last year which showed that I had sinusitis. I was told the only solution was surgery. Later this year I met a doctor who gave me some medication which I'm still using but I'm not sure there's much of a difference. I plan to have my BA only in a few months time. Please advise. Thank you.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. This should not interfere with your breast augmentation surgery. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Sinusitis and surgery...

As long as you are not acutely infected with significant pain, fever, and yellow mucus, your sinusitis should have no impact on the breast augmentation surgery. Be sure to be fully forthcoming with your plastic surgeon help put your mind at ease.   

Sinusitis

I recommend that you discuss this with your plastic surgeon. They will review medication you are taking, overall health and whether you have an active infection or not.

All the best

Many people have chronci sinusitis. If you do not have an active infection you should be able to undergo breast augmentation. You should consult with a Board  Certified PS. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast Aug - Sinusitis

As long as you do not have an active infection (fever, malaise, green mucous), you may be a good candidate for a breast augmentation.

However, you didn't mention the medication you are taking for the sinusitis. A steroid is associated with a higher incidence of delayed wound healing, wound infections, and dehiscence (opening) of the incision.

Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon for all of your options.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Sinusitis and breast augmentation

As long as you do  not have an active infection. It should be ok to undergo a breast augmentation. Best of luck.

Sinusitis

As long as you are not having an acute attack, it should be safe to have an augmentation. Medical cleaance will be helpful too.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast Augmentation with Sinusitis

There is no contraindication to have a breast augmentation with chronic sinusitis as long as the infection is controlled and you aren't on antibiotics or steroids. I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sinusitis and breast augment

Unless you are on steroids or other medication which would contraindicate surgery or have an ongoing infection, you should be able to undergo surgery. Breast augmentation should not be performed with an active infection which could "seed" the implants.

Breast Augmentation

It is safe to have a breast augmentation unless you have an active infection. Medical clearance would be appropriate prior to surgery and a full understanding of the risks.  

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon