What is your opinion or suggestions on my 6 months BA? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 5
The incision looks like it spread a bit. And this was a revision? right? Sometimes waiting a full year before revising a scar can be helpful because the tissues are softer. Best to follow-up with your surgoen to determine options.
Thanks for your question and for the photos.
It appears that the scar is a bit wide and may be getting hypertrophic(thickened). There does not seem to be any emergency, so you can wait till your surgeon returns. Many times the scar softens and the breast shape evens out over time. There are several treatments for scars ranging from silicone sheeting/liquid, injection of steroids with without 5-FU or surgical revision usually under local anesthesia. Either way, it is almost always an easy fix if indicated.
I would suggest waiting until your surgeon returns, or seeing the doctor who is covering for him. You will need to be examined for the best opinion.
You might also like...
Breast augmentation - incision not healing well
Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
- I understand your concern.
- The photo suggests that the skin is healed but the scar is lumpy.
- If this is correct, wait for your surgeon to return and see him then.
- Revision of the scar - a minor procedure - or injection of the scar with a steroid or 5-FU should improve it.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.