What is your opinion or suggestions on my 6 months BA? (Photo)

I had Saline implants for 20+ years replace with Mentor smooth high profile implants, in March of this year. I had an incision revision due to not healing well on the right breast. It seems only half of the incision has heal since August 2016. It's now about 2 months later. Yes my surgeon is certified and have been doing this for over 10 years. His really a good doctor and presently on vacation Need your expertise. I apologize in advance if the pictures posted upside down.

Scar revision

The incision looks like it spread a bit.  And this was a revision?  right?    Sometimes waiting a full year before revising a scar can be helpful because the tissues are softer. Best to follow-up with your surgoen to determine options.

Breast scar

Thanks for your question and for the photos.

It appears that the scar is a bit wide and may be getting hypertrophic(thickened).  There does not seem to be any emergency, so you can wait till your surgeon returns.  Many times the scar softens and the breast shape evens out over time.  There are several treatments for scars ranging from silicone sheeting/liquid, injection of steroids with without 5-FU or surgical revision usually under local anesthesia.  Either way, it is almost always an easy fix if indicated.

Take care.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Incision

I would suggest waiting until your surgeon returns, or seeing the doctor who is covering for him. You will need to be examined for the best opinion.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - incision not healing well

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I understand your concern.
  • The photo suggests that the skin is healed but the scar is lumpy.
  • If this is correct, wait for your surgeon to return and see him then.
  • Revision of the scar - a minor procedure - or injection of the scar with a steroid or 5-FU should improve it.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Non healing incision

Thank you for your question. I am sorry you are going through this.  I would recommend you get in to see your plastic surgeon. If he is on vacation he should have another plastic surgeon covering him who could see you.