I had uneven gum line on my front teeth. Today I had a gum lift surgery by a periodontist to reform the unbalanced gum line

because i had an implant done in the place of the surgery,the Dr thought it is best to perform the surgery with a scalpel.But now I am worried if my frontal teeth are too high comparing to my other teeth (considering that i have a gummy smile). The Dr told me to come back to check it in 10 days.So my question is that,if i was unhappy with the results (If i thought my frontal teeth are too long now) is there something that can be done to fix this? please help me, I am so worried :(

Gummy Smile Correction

Hi and thank you for your question. I understand your concerns. Please give the periodontist an opportunity to explain to you the true dimensions of your teeth and review the smile design that is always custom to the patient. There are procedures that can be used to add or subtract gum tissue, do not worry.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so be clear with him as to what beauty means to you. Good luck to you!