I would like to know if previously injected Juvederm can be re-injected? What could be used for under eyes, puffy/sunken?(photo)

I had Juvederm for the first time several months ago in April.I purchased one syringe first and then about a month later, a second one because he had stated to get the results I was looking for I needed a second syringe. My very young Dermatologist did the injections, at first it was normal that eventually my laugh lines would look smooth, negative.It looks lumpy and ugly as if the injections were done next to the laugh lines;you can see the juvederm under my skin.What can I do??

Dissolving Previousy Injected Juvederm

If you are not happy with the outcome of a Juvederm treatment... and it CAN happen even with a skilled and experienced injector... you can ask your doctor to treat you with a medication called hyaluronidase... it dissolves the juvederm and gets rid of it. Likely it would be best to talk with your physician and get their recommendations and go over options before doing anything. Hope this helps.
J. Wethe, M.D.

Torrance Plastic Surgeon

I would like to know if previously injected Juvederm can be re-injected? What could be used for under eyes, puffy/sunken?

Posted photos do not demonstrate to me your written issues. Best to seek in person second opinions........

Juvederm and Lumps

It sounds like the Juvederm product was placed too superficially and you will need to have the product dissolved with Vitraase.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has a great deal of experience with Juvederm and facial injections.

Juvederm around the eyes

Thank you for your question. It looks like he has done a great job so far (no lumps are visible in the photos you submitted) and that you need much more additional filler for your final result, given the anatomy of your  particular lid-cheek junction. In fact the next injection spot would be where your cheek meets your eyelid at the mid pupillary line. I would assess you would need at least 3-4 more syringes to the area to get an amazing result, based on the photos you have submitted but a thorough exam in person would be necessary to be sure. A very experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon needs to be the one doing this given the complex anatomical structures in this area. I hope this helps !

Best wishes for success  !
Dr. Anna Petropoulos

Anna Petropoulos, MD, FRCS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler superficial

If you had filler placed superficially, and you want it removed then you might consider hyaluronidase to dissolve it.