I have a lot of hair fall these days and I am not sure what is the root cause? Any help would be appreciated.

I have thin hair and these days its even more.

If you have hair loss and want treatment options, see a doctor for a proper exam to get a diagnosis.

If you have hair loss and want treatment options, see a doctor for a proper exam to get a diagnosis.  It would be nearly impossible to guess what you have on the Internet. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Recent hair loss

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

What is the root cause of my hair loss?

It can take anywhere from 10 seconds to 4 weeks to figure out the cause of a patient's hair loss. Sometimes, I don't need to ask any questions, I just need to look at the scalp. Sometimes I need to ask 50 and maybe even 100 questions. Sometimes no blood tests are needed. Sometimes dozens are needed. Sometimes a biopsy is needed. Sometimes even complex medical imaging is needed. 

Diagnosing hair loss usually takes a bit of time. At minimum, a full story is needed along with photos. That's a good starting point. 

Getting to the Bottom of It--Seeking Hair Loss Treatment: PRP and Progesterone

I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer