Do I have gyno? (photos)

I've had this problem since I was 11 and now I'm 18 I want to know if there is any no surgical procedure to get rid of this

Doctor Answers 7

Do you have gynecomastia?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Do I have gyno?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have regarding your chest wall.  Your  pictures are consistent with gynecomastia;  nonsurgical treatment is generally unpredictable. Surgical correction of gynecomastia surgery may be indicated;  in most cases, gynecomastia is treated with resection of the excess breast tissue; peripheral chest liposuction may also be helpful in some cases.

My best suggestion: when the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.

Then, communicate your goals, concerns, and questions. Learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with surgery. Going through this process, you will be able to make an informed decision whether or not to proceed.

You may find the attached link, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

About Gynecomastia and Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect men of all different body types.
According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Only surgery fixes gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You have typical gynecomastia. Surgery is the only option for gyncomastia.  It is safe outpatient surgical procedure. Look into it.     

Do I have gynecomastia?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question. Based on your photos, it does appear that you do have gynecomastia. The good news is that you do not appear to be overweight at all and there are therefore some surgical options for you. I recommend you visit a board certified plastic surgeon with a parent or family member for a consultation. The surgeon will evaluate you and your medical history and determine the best way to approach your situation. He or she will likely recommend a combination of liposuction and breast tissue removal. I hope this was help and I wish you the best with your procedure. You appear to be an ideal candidate based on your photos.

Do I have gyno?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. Yes, it appears to be gynecomastia.  Please consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to go over surgical treatment options that would remove the breast fat and glandular tissue.  Good luck.


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes you appear to have gynecomastia. Sorry, there is no non surgical ways of fixing this. Recommend you see plastic surgeon who does this kind of work. Good luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.