Would a lift be the answer, or tightening of back muscles to bring them up?

I'm small, thin, 114 pounds. My back is narrow and not fat and I'm guessing little muscle. Breast are 34B w/slight sag. I believe it's more muscle issue as I've never been able to wear strapless garments or bras. Would a lift be the answer, or tightening of back muscles to bring them up?

If your breasts are drooping or sagging, a breast lift is probably reasonable.  Doing something with your back would not meaningfully improve the breasts.

Breast lift versus muslce tightening

Thank you for your question.  The best thing to do is consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to be sure your concerns are addressed properly and to your satisfaction.  If you are speaking about upper back skin rolls, procedures such as ultrasound or laser-assisted liposuction may help.  Muscle tightening or skin excision is generally not recommended in this situation due to the need to create large scars.  In addition, muscle tightening would not improve breast shape to position.  You may be a candidate for a breast lift depending on you ultimate goals.  There are often many options available, which is why an in-person evaluation is so important.  Good luck!

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

You will find that strengthening of your back muscles will not be helpful when it comes to lifting your breasts.   Given your concerns, you will be best off seeking consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. Working together you will come up with a good plan. Best wishes.

Breast lift and muscle tightening

Your breasts are skin appendages that are formed from tissue that are different from your muscles. If your breasts have drooped a breast lift will lift them up. Muscle tightening or build up will not affect your breasts in any way. Good luck!

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon

Lift

If you need a lift you need a lift.  The muscles have nothing to do with it.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward. 

Breast lift

Thanks for reaching out.  It is hard to tell from your description.  You should seek out a board certified plastic surgeon for an exam and for proper planning.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. That would determine if implants alone will give you enough lift and/or if you also need some type of breast lift. Tightening your back muscles would not lift your breasts.

Breast evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  If you are an appropriate candidate, a breast lift can be designed to result in an improved shape and contour of your breasts while minimizing scar appearance  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift

Thanks for the great question. It's very difficult to know what is the best option for you without examining you in person. Unfortunately, strengthening your back muscles will not provide additional lift to your breasts. In my opinion, your best option would be to have a consultation with a plastic surgery who has a lot of experience in breast surgery. They should be able to guide you towards the best treatment options. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber