I'm a 25 year-old male who desires a more feminine round butt and curvy hips? (Photos)

I want to know if I'd be a good candidate (photos) and what would a rough estimate of the price be. Below are my pictures as well as some reference pics which represent my ideal shape for the butt and hips.

Buttock implants

In your case I would highly recommend a "Brazilian buttlift" or a liposuction done to take fat from the entire midsection with a fat transfer to the buttock and hips.  I think you the results would be amazing in  your case because you have a substantial amount of fat in the midsection that we can use to make the buttock and hips larger and rounder.   Be sure to choose a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in buttock augmentation and has an extensive photo gallery. 

More feminine round butt and curvy hips?

Yes this is possible. I think you have enough fat to give you some projection to your buttocks.  The liposuction will help sculpt your waist and back and will also help your buttocks look bigger.

You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over your options. 

Buttock augmentation with fat - the clear choice

Buttock augmentation with fat is a technique that will increase both your buttock volume as well as hip width. This technique has proven results and has been published in peer-reviewed plastic surgery journals and in plastic surgery textbooks.

The  claim of seeing many poor results of fat transfer in patients is not a valid reason to select one operation over another.   fat, to my knowledge, does not melt. Volume reduction after fat grafting  is usually due to loss of water in the grafted fat as well as shrinkage of the cells and lastly, some lobules simply do not survive transfer. 

Certainly not all practitioners perform fat grafting the same...if the results are highly variable this might represent variability in the techniques of plastic surgeons- not the failure of a procedure per se. This is why it's important for you to seek out surgeons who have performed thousands of fat transplantation cases with good results and who have had no cases of fat emboli.

I hope this helps. Best regards, Dr. Delvecchio 

Buttock augmentation for men

Only an in-person consultation can determine if your goals are achievable through Brazilian butt lift or buttock implant, or even a combination of these two. 

Take note that the overall results are largely determined by your underlying anatomies; however, the skills and experience of a surgeon will also play a critical role.  Make sure that you choose a board-certified plastic surgeon (ABPS member) who performs buttock augmentation routinely for at least five years. 

Brazilian butt lift is often the preferred choice because it uses the patient's own fat.  However, its viability will depend on the amount of your donor fats, which are collected via liposuction surgery. 

For photo reference, please visit the attached link. 

Good luck and best wishes. 

Buttock augmentation options

In short, a combination of sculpting your waistline with liposuction and augmenting your buttock with implants provides the best chance for a long lasting "hour-glass" figure. Please read on for more surgical details:

Regarding buttock/hip augmentation surgery, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients, domestic and international,  per week that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12+ months and/or the projection result was grossly insufficient) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock and/or hip implants). 

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are options but what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection and long-term results. 
Indeed because at least 80+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you purposely gain weight (i.e. fat) for the procedure, the fat you lose first as you get back to your baseline weight is that very same fat that was transferred into your buttock...so don't fall victim to this recommendation. Even those patients that had adequate amounts of fat pre-operatively, still end up seeking buttock implants after a year or so because most of the fat transferred melted away leaving them with minimal result.

Although overall using your own fat is relatively safe, it not infrequently melts away unevenly leaving one butt cheek bigger than the other or with dimpling or hard fat cysts.  The one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This is even more likely to happen when using fillers like liquid silicone, PMMA, Sculptra, and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high infection rate, guaranteed tendency to migrate away from the original area they were injected, and almost always stimulate a lot of inflammation with a subsequent and disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening.
Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock/hip augmentation (at least in my practice). To avoid high risk of healing problems with the central single incision, I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a 1 1/2 inch long incision along the inner curve of each upper buttock cheek at the level of the tailbone, similar to two opposing parentheses ")(" (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within (muscle thickness permitting) the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is much less palpable & visible (ie feeling and looking like an Olympic sprinter's butt), and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle or "subfascial". On the other hand, hip implants are placed under just the fascia because no significant muscle exists in this region. However, because they are much smaller and lighter, their likelihood of migration is relatively low. Because all of this, it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure so that the implant placement is precise for both locations. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is only 1%. 

Ryan Stanton, MD