Should flanks that I had lipo done on be this swollen? I had a tummy tuck, muscle repair and lipo on flanks on Oct 5th (Photos)
Doctor Answers 5
Flanks swollen after tummy tuck and liposuction
Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck result.
- Without a full photo of the abdomen and before photos, one can't comment on your situation.
- That said, six weeks after surgery, everyone is swollen
- Revisions are not done for six months at the earliest
- Early revisions serve no purpose - they only make swelling worse.
- While you wait out the next 4 - 5 months, I strongly suggest you embark on an exercise/weight loss program if possible to get the best result from your tummy tuck.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Flanks concern after TT
Thank you for your question. Without seeing pre op pictures it is hard to comment. It is not the time for revision. Please talk to your PS for evaluation and express your concerns.
That does not look right
It's difficult to comment without knowing more about your situation, what was done, what you looked like before, so it's probably best to speak to your surgeon. It does look somewhat unusual.
You might also like...
I think that you have to go over this with your surgeon. It is hard to comment without seeing how you looked prior to surgery and know exactly what was done and how much was removed.
Your hips appear swollen and your incision slightly irritated. You are only one month out from surgery so it is too early for a revision. Continue wearing your binder to help with swelling and follow up with your surgeon
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.