Should flanks that I had lipo done on be this swollen? I had a tummy tuck, muscle repair and lipo on flanks on Oct 5th (Photos)

I had a tummy tuck, lipo and muscle tightening on Oct 5th. My flanks are so swollen and look horrible. I don't think 6 months is going to make a difference in the way they look. I feel there needs to be a revision done asap.

Flanks swollen after tummy tuck and liposuction

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck result.

• Without a full photo of the abdomen and before photos, one can't comment on your situation.
  • That said, six weeks after surgery, everyone is swollen
  • Revisions are not done for six months at the earliest
  • Early revisions serve no purpose - they only make swelling worse.
  • While you wait out the next 4 - 5 months, I strongly suggest you embark on an exercise/weight loss program if possible to get the best result from your tummy tuck.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Flanks concern after TT

Thank you for your question. Without seeing pre op pictures it is hard to comment. It is not the time for revision. Please talk to your PS for evaluation and express your concerns.

That does not look right

It's difficult to comment without knowing more about your situation, what was done, what you looked like before, so it's probably best to speak to your surgeon.  It does look somewhat unusual.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Flank issue

I think that you have to go over this with your surgeon. It is hard to comment without seeing how you looked prior to surgery and know exactly what was done and how much was removed.

Swollen flanks

Your hips appear swollen and your incision slightly irritated. You are only one month out from surgery so it is too early for a revision. Continue wearing your binder to help with swelling and follow up with your surgeon 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon