Is invisalign the best choice to treat my severe open bite? (Photo)

I am a 26 year old female, with a severe open bite. I am looking to correct this as soon as possible. This is a big issue because it is holding me back on life as it is difficult to speak. I believe that the open bite is a result of my tongue position as when my mouth is fully relaxed my tongue comes out through my open bite. I dont have insurance, so I would have yo pay everything upfront. What is the best most efective way to correct this? Please help!

Open bite

Either invisalign or braces can fix your open bite. What treatment is best depends on you. Cosmetically invisalign will look better but you will have attachments on your front teeth. Braces should cost less, probably around a $1000 less. 

Open bite an treatment options

the problem in your case is that the most likely CAUSE of your speech problems AND orthodontic problems is your tongue...fixing the orthodontic problems does not guarantee that your speech problems will get any better.  Open bites are very hard to correct...make sure you get a second opinion and get treated by an orthodontist

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist