Compression Garments, is it necessary to wear them after Lipo of the arms? If so, how long?

i always hear people talking abt cimpression garments but usually only after a BBL. Is it necessary to wear compression sleeves after lipo of the arms as well and for how long

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Compression garments after arm lipo

Everyone is different and I would check with your surgeon. If he/she wants you to wear something, one of my patients got some Nike compression sleeves which worked quite nicely.

Karen Quigley, MD

Consult Your Dr. About Aftercare--Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultras, Vanquish, Cellutone/Zwave

I recommend speaking to your surgeon about their compression protocols after your procedure.  I do recommend Lymphatic massage, RF treatments (venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish) for skin tightening and fat removal in combination with shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave for skin smoothing, with hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Compression Garments after Liposuction

Dear SexyLegz, 

I would see what your operating surgeon recommends. Compression is important after liposuction to help the skin to retract, but that could be from a garment or from an ACE or coban wrap. It depends on the preference of the surgeon. Good luck!

Compression garments after arm liposuction

Thank you for asking about your arm liposuction.

• Every surgeon does things differently but I do not use arm compression garments after arm liposuction.
  • They never fit well
  • Instead I have my patients use an ace bandage wrap which they can tighten, loosen or remove as they need for comfort.
  • Swelling is less of a problem in the arms - being high on the body the swelling goes down faster.
  • I have my patients wear them for at least two weeks, longer if needed for comfort.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction and compression

Some surgeons recommend compression garments and others do not.  Best to follow the instructions of your surgeon. Good luck.

Compression garments and liposuction

Every surgeon has their own preferences, so you should definitely check with yours. I advise my patients that compression is very useful in inducing some skin contracture, which every liposuction patient's skin needs to undergo for optimal contour. The garment is typically worn for four weeks.

Garment

• It is recommended to use the compression garment during the first weeks of the surgery. You will feel comfortable and the area that had the liposuction will be more compressed. It is your choice how long use the sleeves, always taking care that it should cover the area. 
  • Best Regards,
  • Dr. Argeny Mercedes  

Argeny Mercedes Guzman, MD

Compression garments

Compression garments are a comfortable dressing for the arms for the first week after liposuction and beyond that you do not need them.   Some patients like the feeling of support and choose to wear  longer which is fine. My Best,   Dr Commons