I'm worried about my shape and implants looking too wide on my chest, I wanted natural looking implants. (photos)

Iv recently had my BA I'm quite upset with the results. I wanted a natural looking result so I went with teardrops. I wanted a nice natural slope going down from the top. I feel my implants are too wide and low on my chest. I have dual placement can I please have your opinion. I am 3 week po I know there's a lot of healing to do but I don't think it's going to look natural. I have 330cc medium height teardrop. Would a tall height implant of been better to give a more gradual slope?

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I'm worried about my shape and implants looking too wide on my chest, I wanted natural looking implants.

This appears to be a very nice early result, but that is just an opinion.

Concerned after breast augmentation surgery.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns.  Although your concerns are understandable,  it may be helpful for you to know that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play. You may be pleasantly surprised wants to be "drop and fluff" phenomenon has occurred.  Patients often report that they are happier with the cleavage area once these changes occur also.

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.

In your case, I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.   If in the longer term, and remained concerned about breast size/shape, downsizing of breast implants will certainly be an option.

Best wishes  or an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Give it time

I think your implants appear to be right where they need to be.  You are swollen, give it time. 

Give it time