What's the best option to reduce the fat in my legs and inner thighs? (Photo)

I want to know what is the best option to reduce the fat in my legs and inner thighs?

Losing fat in thighs

Thank you for asking about your leg and thigh fat reduction.

• Your first step should be to calculate your BMI.
  • Go on line and search for BMI calculator. Enter your height and weight.
  • If your BMI is under 30, see a plastic surgeon to discuss liposuction or take up an exercise that doesn't bulk up the legs - long distance swimming is one example.
  • If your BMI is between 40 and 30, lose weight.
  • If your BMI is over 40, ask your GP is you are a candidate for bariatric surgery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

What's the best option to reduce the fat in my legs and inner thighs?

Thank you for your photos and question.  My first response is of course to suggest and recommend that you go on a diet and exercise regimen and see how much you can accomplish.  Once you are at an acceptable BMI (under 30) and at a healthy maintainable even though not ideal weight, you might consider liposuction to accomplish as much fat removal as safely possible for you.  Of course liposuction does not substitute for proper diet and weight loss but can be an important adjunct.  You realize of course that you will be left with loose skin and may be a future candidate for a thighlift of some sort.

I strongly recommend that you meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss options and plan a course of action for you.  Best regards,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD