Are my inner vagina lips bigger than usual? (Photo)

I have always been very self conscious about my Labia (vaginal folds) I was just wondering if they are bigger than normal or out of the normal range?

Are my inner vagina lips bigger than usual?

You have enlargement of your labia minora and clitoral hood. The spectrum of normal vulvar anatomy is wide, and you appear to have normal anatomy. The main issue is how you feel about the appearance.

If you are concerned, you would be a good candidate for a labia minora and clitoral hood reduction. Make sure you find you find a board-certified plastic surgeon or experienced cosmetic vulovaginal surgeon to discuss your concerns.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Labia minor size / labiaplasty candidate

There is a wide range in the appearance of patient's labia. What most people consider aesthetically pleasing is to have the labia minor (inner vaginal lips) protrude less than 1cm from the labia majora (outer vaginal lips). Your anatomy does appear normal, but if you are concerned by the degree of protrusion, than you would be a good candidate for a labiaplasty. If the skin on the lateral aspect of clitoral hood is also a concern, this can be addressed at the same time, but a wedge labiaplasty can often improve the appearance without further resection.

Enlarge Labia Minora and Clitoral Hood

Yes, you have enlarged labia and clitoral hood. This is still "normal" but since you have been so self-conscious about it, I would recommend you find a plastic surgeon or experienced cosmetic vulovaginal surgeon to discuss your concerns.

You are a great candidate for a labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction. This will reduce the prominence of the labia and help to expose the clitoris more easily. The goal will be to have the labia majora cover the inner tissues when standing. Find a good doctor to help take care of you, I think you will be very happy!

Enlarge Labia Minora and Clitoral Hood

Labia minora size

Thank you for your question. There is no absolute "normal" with the female vulva. The labia minora can have a lot of variability from person to person. Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure typically done to reduce the size of the labia minora. This is done for cosmetic appearance, because the tissue gets snagged or pulled during intercourse or exercise or in tight clothing. This is a procedure that is often done to help with self confidence, but by no means to create a "normal" appearance.

Labia minora size

Larger inner labia

There is always a range of normal for every body part,
Labialplasty is probably the most common of the Vaginal Enhancement procedures. A candidate for a Labiaplasty procedure is concerned about the appearance of her labia or she may experience pain and discomfort from large, long or uneven labia; usually of the inner lips or labia minora. This may result in chronic rubbing, which leads to difficulty in wearing tight clothing , such as leggings; tight shorts and bathing suits can reveal a “Camel Toe” which can be corrected with treatment. Enlarged or uneven labia may have a significant psychological impact and severely affect normal sexual relations.

Larger inner labia

Protruding Vaginal Inner Lips and Excess Clitorial Hooding

Thank you for posterior pictures. I understand your concerns. The protrusion of your labia and the excess clitoral hooding seem to be more than normal. I have perform an extended wedge labiaplasty in patients with similar anatomy resulting in good outcomes. You should consider visiting a plastic surgeon with extensive experience with vaginal rejuvenation to discuss your options.  Hope this answer was helpful. Good luck!

Enlarged vagina?

The simple answer to your question is that your vagina is certainly enlarged.  If your anatomy is normal, and you feel okay about it, then nothing needs to be done.  However, if you are self-conscious, the labiaplasty will certainly solve the problem in an hour to 1 hour and a half.  There is little downtime.  This procedure can even be done in the office under awake sedation and a numbing cream placed on the vagina.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a treatment plan tailored just for you.

Enlarged vagina?

Enlarged Labia Minora

There is a wide range of appearance to the size and shape of a woman's labia. There is no absolute "normal" standard. However, in the photos you have provided, it does appear that you have labia minora which are on the larger side. The protruding labia minora can get caught in some clothing or the tissue can get snagged during exercise and intercourse, making it uncomfortable. The operation for enlarged labia for both cosmetic and functional reasons is reshaping and reduction through a labiapasty. Dr. B.

Ramin Behmand, MD

Enlarged Labia Minora

Ramin Behmand, MD

Looks "normal"

There is no "normal range" when it comes to the labia minora, the inner lips of the genital area. Therefore, what you show looks normal. However, if this is causing you some discomfort when wearing certain clothing or activities, then labiaplasty can help. 

Looks "normal"

Labiaplasty for protruding labia minora

The protrusion of your labia minora makes you a candidate for labiaplasty surgery if the problem is cosmetically or functionally upsetting to you.

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Labiaplasty for protruding labia minora

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles