Why are my thighs even bigger post tumescent liposuction & correction?

I had abdominal tumescent lipo 10 days ago & my PS agreed to redo my upper thighs at the same time from a previous procedure in July, as they look worse than before. I love the results of my abdomen (1300cc removed) but my thighs & legs look 3 times bigger despite 200cc extra being removed from original 440cc. Even lipo areas of my knees look fat again. What's going on? I thought it was swelling but it doesn't seem to be easing. I don't understand how I look worse - what could be causing this?

You are still very early in your healing phase and will have swelling up to 6 months. Please follow your post operative instructions and wear your garment. give yourself time to heal.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - now I'm bigger!

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You are right - it is swelling.
  • Swelling takes months, not days to subside.
  • Please allow at least 6 months before judging your result.
  • Gravity pulls the swelling down, so it is natural that your thighs will be more swollen.
  • However it is wise to see your plastic surgeon to be sure that you are otherwise healing we

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for your question. Ten days post liposuction is still too early to determine your results. There could be several issues related. Inflammation is to be expected. Be sure to take it easy. If you are too active or on your feet for long periods of time, that may contribute to swelling.Always seek advice from your surgeon for concerns, as he/she is aware of all possibilities related to your case.Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. At this point in your recovery you may still have swelling from the fluid used for the liposuction. I would encourage you to be patient while the swelling resolves. Best Wishes 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Too early to judge outcome

It is too early to judge the outcome.  You may be doing too much.  If you exercise and the swelling gets worse, you need to give it more time to heal.  If you can do cardio with no additional swelling, then burn calories and be patient.  It will take at least 6 months to see the final results.