Stiff implants at 2 weeks. Is it normal?

300cc round textured HP under the muscle. Is it normal for my implants to be stiff? I have been massaging daily. They do not move at all when I push them together and feel very firm and fake. It's really getting me down.

Stiff Implants

Thanks for your question and congratulations on completing your surgery.  2 weeks is still pretty early to be worried about stiffness.  Particularly, in a petite person with larger implants, the implants can feel very tight in the beginning because the muscle is still stretching.  Eventually, the tissues get softer with time and it is usually not related to capsule formation.  So, I would give it some more time. I hope this helps. 

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

At this point you are early in the healing process. Your implants will continue to settle and soften with time. Follow up with your surgeon as directed.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Stiff breast implants at 2 weeks. Is it normal?

Yes it is too early to expect implants to soften at two weeks. Generally speaking it is not recommended to massage textured breast implants. Doing so can interfere with proper formation of the implant capsule. Of course see your surgeon.