Starting Out. What implant, size, profile? (Photos)

Hi, I am just starting out, so investigating a breast augmentation. I'm nervous and confused about all the options. After 5 children and being an A cup even before kids, I would love to increase my size. Please can you message me your recommendations on implant type, size and profile? I'm 156cm, 58/59kgs. Looking for a natural look with a bit of cleavage. Considering travelling abroad if required

#breastaugmentation

HiYou would be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation and provided you choose a size that was enough to fill out the loose skin envelope then you would not require a lift. If you choose a modest size then I would recommend a textured round implant however if you wanted to be bigger and still achieve a natural result then a teardrop shape implant would be appropriate.  I cater for interstate and international patients.RegardsDamien

Sizes and Shapes

Hello there The selection of correct implant size and shape is determined by your breast measurements and your desires .Your breast is measured carefully at consultation and using this data a number of choices can be made available that will suit your breast dimensions .Then you can use a sizer kit and the Vectra 3D imaging system to get a very accurate idea of what each implant would look like , which makes your final choice much easier .Generally an anatomical or tear-drop implant tends to look more natural . You also have some sag there and although this doesn't look severe it may need to be factored in to the overall result and guide your implant selection .
CheersTS

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation surgery

Thanks for your question. Based on your personal description as well as your photos, you would likely be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation. There are many decisions that have to be made prior to surgery, including things like incision placement, implant type and fill volume. These decisions are best made after consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, which includes a physical exam. During the exam, your plastic surgeon will take specific measurements of your breasts which will help guide you through the process of choosing the right breast implants for you. Best of luck and take care.

Ian MacArthur, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. You appear to be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation surgery with a lift.  "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Where to start with breast implants!!

You are doing the right thing by getting information and understanding the options before seeing a surgeon.I am sure you do not need to travel abroad. There must be lots of good plastic surgeons in NZ. If you were to have problems afterwards you do not want to have to go abroad to see your surgeon! So best to choose a surgeon closer to home.Check on qualifications and training along with there experience. You can ask them about their complication rate.You need to be examined to determine what is best for you. however, Your pictures and details suggest that you are slim with at least some breast tissue. You appear very typical of patients that we are seeing regularly requesting this type of surgery. In general the majority will have implants that are at least 275cc and most over 300cc. Relatively few, in the UK, would go for larger than 400cc. So if as a starting point you were thinking 300-350cc you would be in good company! You can experiment with dry rice in a stocking foot to try out different sizes. Measure the rice by volume not weight. Place the rice in a stocking foot and then in a sports bra. This will give you some idea of how the result will look. The majority of patients in my practice choose moderate profile implants. High profile certainly will look less natural. I mainly use round not tear drop shaped implants but great results can be achieved with either.Cleavage comes from a bra pushing the breasts up and together not just from implants! If you have your implants in a sub-muscular pocket they may not push to gather quite so well which may affect the extent to which you get a cleavage afterwards.Ultimately you need to be guided by a suitably qualified and experienced surgeon of which I am sure there are plenty in NZ!Good luck!

Jeremy S. Hurren, BSc, MBBS, FRCS (Plast)
Chichester Plastic Surgeon

Starting Out. What implant, size, profile?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.  I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.