Is Restylane a good temporary option for correcting facial asymmetry?I have a facial asymmetry due to bone deformity.

my long term decision is getting implants. however prior to that I would like to have first it filled with a more temporary one like fillers to see if I like my new look and then proceed with a more permanent procedure. a Dr offered me Restylane (including subQ) for this trial. I was wondering if it would be a good option for jawline, jaw angle and somewhat cheek augmentation? and also wondering how long would it last in the areas mentioned? Cheers

Restylane - To correct facial asymmetry?

Thank you for your excellent question. It is a reasonable idea to see how temporary fillers correct your facial asymmetry before proceeding with an implant. I prefer Restylane Lyft to fill the cheeks and jawline. This product typically lasts 9 - 12 months. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in facial fillers and implants. Hope this helps and good luck.

Correcting Facial Asymmetry NYC

Correcting facial asymmetry in a temporary way as you described can definitely  be accomplished.  I would prefer Restylane Lyft over Restylane since it needs to be injected deeper and will last longer.  Please consult an experienced dermatologist for this advanced technique.  Best, Dr. Green

Temporary fix for facial atrophy

Thank you for sharing your question. The use of dermal fillers prior to more permanent surgery for facial asymmetry is a good, prudent treatment method. Restylane is a good option as well as Restylane Lyft (Perlane). When used together by an experienced surgeon, the results are typically great. You should maintain the appearance you achieve for about a year.
Good luck,

Hyaluronic acid filler is definitely a good temporary option. Restylane is excellent for the more superficial layers and Perlane would be better for the deeper, bone augmentation-type injections over the jaw and cheek. You should get anywhere from 6-12 months out of your first treatment and a little longer with each subsequent treatment. 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Restylane is a good start

Your doctor is helping and Restylane is a good start for the two of you.
It is safe and and excellent way to start.