Hi, I have loose skin on my thighs and tummy and I workout a lot and go for lots of runs and it's not going away? what do I do ?

im not very fat it's just a lot of loose skin?

Hi, I have loose skin on my thighs and tummy and I workout a lot and go for lots of runs and int's not going away? What do I do?

Although, it always pays to exercise and keep fit, running and exercise will not tighten loose skin.  An abdominoplasty and/or thigh lift may be an option in your case.  Seek out a plastic surgeon in your area who has extensive experience with both procedures.  They may be able to help.  Best wishes, Dr. Leproe.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Candidate?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to answer accurately without seeing photos. Based on your description, it sounds like you would benefit from a tummy tuck and thigh lift. Please have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring procedures. Hope this helps and good luck.

Loose skin - what to do?

Thank you for asking about your loose leg and thigh skin.

• It sounds quite frustrating -
  • But the only way to get good information is by a personal consultation -
  • Because many factors can be at work - weight loss, babies, previous tummy surgery, even skin conditions.
  • The quality and looseness of skin often does not show well in photos so find the best plastic surgeon near you and go in to find out what can be done to help you.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Thank you for your question. Ultimately, the main factors that determine whether or not your skin will retract after weight loss are your age and skin quality. With massive weight loss, >5 BMI units it is unlikely that your skin will retract alone, ideally though you would wait for at least 12 months after weight loss to assess the degree of skin tightening. If you are not satisfied with the degree of skin tightening then you can consider surgical procedures such as a tummy tuck or thigh lift to help remove the excess skin. I hope that helps.
Regards
Dr Guy Watts 

Loose skin

It sounds like you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and thigh lift. It is best that you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you and determine the best options for you. Good luck!

Mark Deutsch, MD

Tummy tuck surgery candidate?

Thank you for the question. Based on your description, you may be a good candidate for tummy tuck and/or thigh lifting surgery.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. It will be important to educate yourself about the potential risks/complications associated with surgery and have a good idea of realistic expectations. Keep in mind, that it is a major operation, associated with a significant physical (and often emotional) recovery period.   I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Loose skin of abdomen and thighs

Thank you for your question.   Without photos, it is difficult to assess how much lose skin you have and if surgery will truly benefit you.   Assuming you have excessive loose skin, you may be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and thigh lift.    The good news is that your result will be much better and you will heal much faster than someone with more fatty tissue.    The downside is that you will need to stay out of the gym and avoid running for at least 6-8 weeks.    I wish you an amazing result and safe recovery!!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Loose skin not going away

Thank you for your question.  If your loose skin is not going away, consider seeing an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for further evaluation for possible tummy tuck and/or other procedures.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS