How long does it take for Dysport to wear off?

I am 49 years old and have a long face with a square jaw. As I've aged my jawline has become squarer and puffier giving me a very rectangular shaped face. 3 weeks ago I had dysport injected into my masseter muscles which has made my lower face drop even more. I now look worse than before.

Duration of Dysport

It should last about 3 to 4 months. Everything should return to normal after that. Botox is about the same.

Hello, and thank you for the question. I'm sorry you were not able to obtain the results you were looking for with your Dysport treatment. In general, Dysport last an average of 3-4 months. I would recommend following up with your provider, as he/she knows the details of your treatment and will be able to advise you. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Dysport

Thank you for your question in regards to Dysport.
Dysport will last 3-4 months. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question. Sorry you did not get the results you were seeking. Dysport lasts about 3 to 4 months and will gradually wear off in that time. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for other treatment options.

Dysport

I appreciate your question.
About 3-4 months.  Please follow up with injecting MD to discuss your results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Dysport treatment

I'm sorry you are unhappy with your Dysport treatment.  The product results usually last approximately 3 months.  The effects fade gradually over that time.  You may want to contact your injector to discuss your concerns.

Camille Cash, MD

Thanks for the question. It can take about 3 to 4 months. If you have questions about any reactions, then contact your injector or surgeon.

German Newall, MD

When does Dysport wear off in masseter area

I often find that in the masseter region, it may take longer than several months for this to wear off completely. I usually say roughly 6 months for it to completely wear off.
 One other concern is that if you feel like you've been losing volume with the aging process,  rather than jaw reduction with Dysport, you may want to consider using fillers to lift in the midface region or Sculptra to try to replenish the facial volume that we lose during the aging process. 

How long for Dysport to wear off?

I would say that there can be some effect from Dysport for 3-6 months.  It is possible that there may be other treatments that could address your facial issue better than Dysport.
Surgical lifts can sometimes help as can injectable fillers or surgically placed implants.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport

Treating the aging face needs good analysis of the aging process. Aging is very individualized and treatment should be individualized. A facelift can not be substituted by fillers and disport.
Dysport effect can last between 3 months and 6 months.