LED Light Treatments - At Home Purchase. Can anyone recommend what to look for in an at-home machine?

I'm wanting to purchase an at-home LED Photofacial machine, some of them are quite expensive from$1800 to $3000. I am 34 with no noticeable wrinkles, I do have issues with hormonal acne, and am noticing fine lines when I smile intensely. I was hoping by using this machine it would improve skin texture, pigmentation and repair acne marks, and prevent premature aging. Can anyone recommend what to look for in an at-home machine? I

LED Light Treatments - At Home Purchase.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello polishedarrow,

Thank you for your question.  The clinical data on LED light therapy clearly shows it to be safe and efficacious, but only under the correct conditions.  By this I mean the device must have enough power and fluence and the patient must adhere to a strict regimen that takes several treatments before results are seen.  Most papers showing a benefit from red and blue light treatments use devices that deliver at least 40-60mW/cm2 and with treatments delivered every other day for a month. Please look for a device on the market that fits these qualifications. Good luck.

Rapid City Plastic Surgeon