LED Light Treatments - At Home Purchase. Can anyone recommend what to look for in an at-home machine?

I'm wanting to purchase an at-home LED Photofacial machine, some of them are quite expensive from$1800 to $3000. I am 34 with no noticeable wrinkles, I do have issues with hormonal acne, and am noticing fine lines when I smile intensely. I was hoping by using this machine it would improve skin texture, pigmentation and repair acne marks, and prevent premature aging. Can anyone recommend what to look for in an at-home machine? I

LED Light Treatments - At Home Purchase.

Hello polishedarrow,

Thank you for your question.  The clinical data on LED light therapy clearly shows it to be safe and efficacious, but only under the correct conditions.  By this I mean the device must have enough power and fluence and the patient must adhere to a strict regimen that takes several treatments before results are seen.  Most papers showing a benefit from red and blue light treatments use devices that deliver at least 40-60mW/cm2 and with treatments delivered every other day for a month. Please look for a device on the market that fits these qualifications. Good luck.