Can I get Juvederm injections for wrinkles around my mouth when I have a chin implant? Would that cause infection?

Juvederm will be safe with implants

Implants have no immunogenic (or vvv low immunogenic potential), hence the use of HA fillers like Juvederm and Restylane will carry a extremely low risk. Personally I would say it is safe to undertake this procedure, providing the implant is not 'silicone' based and the capsule ruptured.  Dr Davin Lim 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Can I get Juvederm injections for wrinkles around my mouth when I have a chin implant?

I have never heard of nor seen an infection from hyaluronic filler injections.  My guess is that the pH is low (like tumescent lipo fluid) and the risk of infection is very small.  Nonetheless, it's smart to avoid injecting too close to the actual implant since implants do not tolerate bacterial contamination well at all.  Make sure your doctor is reminded of the implant's presence and I suspect that you'll do just fine.  ATB,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Wrinkle removal with Botox, fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

Yes, you can use juvederm after a chin implant. For wrinkles around the mouth, I recommend a combination approach with fillers, Botox, lasers, and microneedling/prp. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Juvederm in chin area with implant

It is quite alright to get filler in the area as long as the capsule of the implant is not violated. By keeping sterile conditions during the injection, infection should not occur.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm around chin implant

It is completely fine to use juvederm around a filler and is a relatively common request. I would urge you to see a physician who will take extra precautions to clean your skin so that the chance of infection is not high. Good luck and hope this helps!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Juvederm with chin implant

You should be fine doing injections with the implant in place.  However it is very important that you do this with an experienced injector who thoroughly sterilizes the area pre-injection to decrease any risk of infection.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm

It is safe to have injections around the mouth when an implant is in place.  There should be no increased risk for infection when using proper technique.  I recommend visiting with an experienced injector and discussing your goals for treatment.

Camille Cash, MD

Juvederm injections around mouth

Thank you for sharing a question. It is fine to receive injections of Juvederm around the mouth even with a chin implant present. Make sure to see an experienced injector for your treatment. Best of luck