Intense veneer tooth pain when biting, warmth, cold, and breathing. Is this normal?

So I had a chipped front tooth and went to the dentist to get it fixed. Decided on a porcelain veneer. It took 7days for the 1st veneer to arrive.(the temporary tooth fell of every time it was reattached). However when the porcelain veneer arrived the colour was way too dark . So she drilled away more of the tooth to remove it. Unfortunately it took 3 bloody weeks for the veneer to arriv. A month with no front tooth. The pain is so bad it feels like the tooth is still raw!! Is this normal?

Pain after veneer #DrSoftTouch

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain. The symptoms that you've described are the result of inflammation inside the tooth. It is possible that with time, the tooth will heal itself. Other times, the symptoms get progressively worse and root canal treatment is necessary. If this is the case, don't worry!  A root canal will eliminate the pain. Good luck and I hope this helps.  Follow me for more questions and answers.

Pain on veneer

Hi:

From your description, there is a possiblity of nerve damage to the tooth.  Sometimes the damage can heal itself and most other times you need a root canal to handle the pain.  My advice is to return to your dentist and voice your concern and have him test the nerve of the tooth. Also make sure the bite on the veneer is ok.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist