Can anyone give me a list of plastic surgeons that specialise in face lifts, in the San Francisco Bay or Walnut creek area?

Seek a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon

It is important to choose a highly skilled and experienced surgeon to match your #facelift goals and skin type with the appropriate surgical techniques.

Also, its best to work with a #board #certified plastic surgeon who is highly trained with your desired procedures. I also encourage you to look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients. Also, reading patient reviews of those who have had combined surgeries will be beneficial. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Tim Marten

I can't believe no one has mentioned his name here.  He is regarded as one of the better facelift surgeons in the country and is in the SF area.  I would definitely reach out and find out if his approach is right for you.

Good luck,

Christopher C. Chang, MD

Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Facelift Surgeons In San Francisco

Hello Lorraine,

You have many options for your decision. Assuming you live in New Zeland, this could factor into your choice as you may have a limited time recovering while in the Bay Area. I have performed facelifts on patients from Egypt, Germany and other US locations. Thus, it is not about having your surgery in San Francisco as there are many qualified surgeons all over the World.  My reply would be as if my practice was in New Zeland and you asked the same question. When selecting the right surgeon for you, you can rely upon the opinions of others....or narrow your search to the physicians that you feel understand your needs. This requires that you "connect" with your surgeon and their staff. After you review their web sites, you should speak with your potential treating doctor. Be prepared to provide photographs of your current appearance and provide an honest expectation of your concerns. Ideally, a face to face visit is better than a Skype connect. What is important is that in the end, you feel that you and your surgeon are on the same page after you have done your research. 

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS

Facelift Surgeons In San Francisco

I would suggest that you visit the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website and look for the board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Then, check out each doctor's website to see if you like his or her facelift work. Once you've narrowed down your list, schedule a consultation or two to be assessed in person. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Bay Area Facelift and Facial Plastic Surgery Specialists

Thank you for the question! You're already in the right place. RealSelf has lists of surgeons by region and procedures/treatments offered. In addition, you can check out reviews and rating on the site (and others, e.g. Yelp, Google, etc.). Best of luck and take care!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Surgeon in the San Francisco Bay Area

There are many excellent Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in the San Francisco Bay Area. Look for a listing on the website for American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Go to each surgeons website and check out before and after pictures, also read reviews online to see what patients have to say. I offer computer imaging so a patient can get a good idea of what results can be expected. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

RealSelf can help

RealSelf has a link to surgeons that perform facelifts on this page.  Searching through these links will help you with your decision.

Dr. Denkler

Facelift

I would recommend consulting with surgeons who strictly focus on the face. The American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery has a physician finder pager where you can find surgeon who have trained specifically for facial surgery and focus just on this area. Off hand, several well regarded surgeons in that area include Drs. Elbert and Jackie Chang, Dr. Corey Maas, Dr. Harry Mittelman, and Dr. David Kim. 

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Plastic surgeons that specialise in face lifts

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Look for an ASAPS member

Hi.  The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery has a "find-a-surgeon" feature on its website at surgery.org.  That's a good place to start.  There are a number of talented surgeons in the Bay area.  I did my facelift fellowship with the late Dr. Owsley there, a number of years ago.