Is the gap in between my breasts wide? (photos)

Hello Dr's, I could benefit from a nipple reduction but I'm trying to find before pictures that look most like me but the A-Symmetric b&a images I have seen show tiny no breast tissue/large gap. Do my breasts have sufficient enough breast tissue to have implants that would close the gap more? Could a nipple reduction produce "forward looking" nipples as opposed to "outwards"? Would/could I have a nice "rounded" shape underneath my nipples and a natural slope from collar bone to nipple?

CLEAVAGE

Thanks for the question.  Your photos reveal asymmetry, large NAC, and breast ptosis.  You should be able to achieve a very nice result with a right reduction/mastopexy and a bilateral breast augmentation.

CLEAVAGE

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Shape

With an augmentation and lift, you probably could achieve a very nice results. Your nipples could be raised to minimize the outward look, but you don't want them moved inward to an unnatural placement. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns.

Shape

Areola Reduction

An areola reduction would allow somewhat for repositioning and lifting of the areolas. Placement of a small implant can further help to reshape the breasts. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss your options and your goals.

All the best

Areola Reduction

All the best

Is the gap in between my breasts wide?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. You are correct in that your anatomic starting point will to some degree determine how much space will be present between your breasts after breast augmentation surgery.  Other factors involved include careful breast implant pocket dissection and careful selection of breast implant size/profile will be necessary to achieve the desired aesthetic outcome, you describe in your post.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Is the gap in between my breasts wide?

Gap in between my breasts

yes you will definitely benefit from Breast implants,this will also give a better projection if you use a high profile implant which will give a good lift.,another alternative is fat transfer along with breast lift.

Thangavel Ayyappan, MBBS, MS, MCh, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon

Gap in between my breasts

Is the gap in between my breasts wide? Perth, Australia

Thank you for your question and images. It would be good to see some images with your arms by your sides and different angles. If you are seeking breast enhancement I would suggest that you would require a mastopexy and breast augmentation using either asymmetrical implants or as has been previously suggested a small reduction on the right side. Areola's can be reduced in size with a mastopexy and depending on your skin mobility nipples can be elevated and centralised to a degree. You have a reasonable amount of breast tissue and to achieve a significant improvement in upper pole fullness you would need to have an implant. I hope that helps.

Regards

Dr Guy Watts

Regards

Dr Guy Watts

Is the gap in between my breasts wide?

Hi there, 

Thank you for your question. The gap between your breasts most likely will not change with a breast augmentation. It appears as though you may benefit from a lift with augmentation. Your areola are required to be in the middle of your breast. Schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon and discuss your goals and options. 

Is the gap in between my breasts wide?

Hi there,