How many follicles do I require to get a decent coverage? (Photos)

I am 26 yrs old and my hairline has been like this since a long time now. However, Its receding pretty slow. I have a slow hair growth and less hair fall. The M shape on my forehead is inherited, rest the scalp is completely normal. How many grafts do I need to get the patch covered on my forehead? Your consideration is much appreciated. Thanks!

Numbers

your best option is to have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and hair, and discuss the options available to you, as well as your desired outcome, and set the right expectations based on what you have. 

Chicago Physician

Decent coverage is a subjective term. You need to understand the limitations of a hair transplant surgery

Decent coverage is a subjective term.  You need to understand the limitations of a hair transplant surgery and have realistic expectations. Thus the "number of grafts" you need would be a highly variable depending on what you consider "decent".  1500 grafts may be enough for one person but 2500 grafts may not be enough for another person with different expectations. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Surgical and Non-Surgical Treatments

Thank you for your question.  In your case about 3000 grafts would be needed, based on your exceptions and desires. You can also augment the existing hair with non-surgical treatments such as Rogaine or other therapies.  With your hair, you would be a candidate for both FUE and FUT. 

Dr. Eric J. Stelnicki, M.D.

Eric Stelnicki, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

How many follicles do I require to get a decent coverage?

Thank you for the post and question. From observing and evaluating your attached photos, and pending on final design and surface area needed to be covered, I would say roughly around 2500 grafts, plus or minus. Hope this helps. 

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many grafts will I need

The number of grafts depends upon the thickness of your hair shaft (fine, medium or coarse). The graft count might range between 1500-2000 with finer hair requiring more grafts

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many grafts do I need?

if you are thinking about Lowering your hairline, to get good coverage and decent density I recommend at least 2000 grafts. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon