Feeling in nipple after surgery and how long before you can wear a normal bra after surgery?

I am booked in for a breast reduction and lift in January. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if they still have feeling in their nipples after surgery. Also how long was it before you could wear a normal bra? Thanks in advance.

Nipple sensation after breast reduction

Thank you for your question. Nipple sensation after reduction may be affected by many factors. How large are your breasts, what surgical technique will your surgeon use, how much sensation so you have now? Also, you must balance to desire for nipple sensation versus the pain relief and improvement in breast appearance and shape against one another. Most patients in my practice that want/need breast reduction have little nipple sensation prior to surgery. Most patients will lose some or all of that sensation. Good luck.

Jackson Plastic Surgeon