Are dermal fillers overall good options for improving moderate to severe asymmetrical faces?

my left mandible is quite underdeveloped relative to the right side and I was wondering if how much dermal filler can be put along the jaw bone for evening out the face ?

Dermal fillers for improving facial asymmetry

Dermal fillers can be used to improve facial asymmetry.  There are a variety of fillers that can be used, including hyaluronic acid fillers, Radiesse, Sculptra and Bellafill.  Certain fillers may give better results than others on certain parts of the face.  In my experience, filling along the jaw bone can be done with any of the fillers, but I find Radiesse works particularly well in this area.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for Facial Asymmetry

Juvederm Voluma and Restylane are both excellent, as well as Sculptra, for improving facial asymmetry.  This is an advanced technique and please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Dermal fillers for lower facial asymmetry

Dermal fillers can be highly effective in addressing facial bony asymmetry. Product should be placed by an extremely experienced injector who uses products that are designed for this type of work. In the hands of a highly experienced injector favorable outcomes can often be readily achieved.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Are dermal fillers good for treating facial asymmetry?

Thank you for sharing your question. Fillers, such as Restylane, are very effective for improving moderate facial asymmetry. Severe cases might require surgery. See an experienced, board-certified oculofacial surgeon for comprehensive evaluation and discussion of potential results with the injection of dermal fillers.
Good luck,

Dermal fillers can be a great option for restoring symmetry to an asymmetrical face.

Dermal fillers can be a great option for restoring symmetry to an asymmetrical face. A consultation would be needed to see if fillers would be able to achieve the amount of correction required, but in general fillers are good for this kind of facial concern. In addition, Sculptra, which stimulates your own body's production of collagen, is another great option for a facial asymmetry. Please see a board-certified dermatologist for the best results.

Mary E. Hurley, MD
Dallas Dermatologist

Asymmetrical Face...

Great question!  There are a variety of fillers that can be injected in the jawline to help achieve symmetry.  Voluma is one of the safest and longest lasting products on the market.  In addition to fillers your provider will evaluate your muscle movements and mass of the lower face.  Sometime we will have to inject a neuromodulator, like Dysport or Botox, to weaken the masseter muscle in order to achieve a more symmetrical look.

Hope this helps.  Best of luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Fillers and assymetrical face

In the hands of an experienced board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon utilizing the fillers made for this type of correction, such as Radiesse the results are usually very good

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist