CoolSculpting: no results 8 months later after 5 sessions on stomach?

Hi there, I had coolsculpting done 5 times over the past 8 months and have no results! The nurse keeps saying I need to eat healthier to see changes. But I came into it very honest, stating that I wasn't in it for weight loss, I was in it for the "sculpting" result. Is there any chance I could still see results? Why has there been no change? (Very accurate testing conditions - calliper, and weighting at same time, no food, morning.) Do you think I could request some sort of reimbursement?

Coolsculpting

I would recommend you to take this to your provider. If there are no responses to the treatment, they shouldn’t have continued after 2nd treatment, since by that time changes are expected to be visible. There were cases when clients do not respond to the treatment then some other options are being considered. They may not give you reimbursement, but they should make sure that your desired results are met for your money, even if the change of procedure is required. Best of luck! 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

5 Sessions on the abdomen and no change

I am sorry to hear that I know that's frustrating. I would definitely not invest in any more sessions. I have a few thoughts for you. 1. I'm assuming you are talking about Zeltiq's Cool Sculpting because that is the only medical device I would recommend for cryolipolysis. 2. There are cases where clients who are candidates don't respond well however in my practice if after 2 sessions we simply wouldn't keep going 3. Not sure what 5 times means (1 applicator 5 times or a series of applicators 5 times) but in my practice that would be extremely rare to treat that many times. 

I would maybe seek a second opinion with a Plastic Surgeon before you invest any more money. Best of Luck!

John K. Wakelin III, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear you have not received any benefit from your cool sculpting treatments. I would discuss this with her treating clinic. You may not have been a good candidate for the procedure or as mentioned in several other posts not everyone is a good responderer to the treatment. You may be a candidate for liposuction but you can discuss this with a qualified board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck.

John J. O`Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Not happy with the Coolsculpting results

I would make sure that they are using a Coolsculpting machine. If they are, there are some non responders. You can speak to them about reimbursement but that is up to the clinic. In general, people are very happy with their results as can be seen on Realself. Other options are Vanquish, Exilis combo; Sculpture, or liposuction. Z Wave and Cooladvantage get best results with Coolsculpting.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

For Best Results, Go With VASER HI DEF, ThermiRF, ultrasound

Coolsculpting is great, but it is limited on contouring and works best in combination with vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth and improve the skin's appearance. However, for the best results with contouring and fat removal, I recommend VASER HI DEF, with ThermiRF and ultrasound. See an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer