Candidate for breast reduction?

I am 18, I wear a 34DDD/ 36DD and weight 135 pounds and am 5'4. I get really bad neck, shoulder and back pain leading me to experience bad headaches. Along with this I have low self esteem and don't feel comfortable going out sometimes. Am I a candidate for breast reduction surgery? And how do I go about talking to my parents about it? Thanks

Candidate for breast reduction?

Thank you for your question. I am very sorry to hear about the discomfort you are experiencing from having large breasts. I see many young women with similar issues in my practice. The best thing they can do is to undergo a breast reduction surgery as it often helps with bad headaches, improves back, neck, shoulder pain and self-esteem. I encourage you and your parents to meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options. Good luck!

Breast Reduction Candidate

You seem like the perfect candidate for breast reduction surgery. This procedure is one of the most satisfying procedures that we do as plastic surgeons. It consistently ranks very high in terms of patient outcomes in multiple surveys. The reason for this is because symptoms such as yours, neck, back, and shoulder pains are usually relieved. Issues related to self esteem may also improve. 
It may not be a bad idea to visit a board certified plastic surgeon with your parents to discuss the procedure and see if its right for you 

Nick Masri, MD

Breast reduction candidate

Thank you for your question.  If you feel that your breasts are disproportionately large and contributing to back, shoulder and neck pain, you may be a candidate for a breast reduction provided that you're not a smoker and your weight is stable.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for further counseling.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS