Brow lift with Botox: will my injector be able to identify where to put Botox if I cannot frown?

I routinely have my 12 week Botox in frown lines and therefore cannot frown, if I wanted to get a brow lift with Botox will my injector know where to inject to achieve the lift even though I cannot frown for them to see where to inject?

Botox Brow Lift

Botox is commonly used to lift the brows, however you would need to see an expert injector to discuss treatment options and see if you're a good candidate for a brow lift using neurotoxins. 

Brow Lift With Botox

Thank you for sharing your question. An experienced injector should be familiar enough with facial anatomy to place the Botox in the precise location necessary to achieve a brow lift. Some injectors are more experienced than others so be sure to speak with your provider beforehand to ensure you have the same aesthetic goal in mind. Your inability to furrow/frown should not affect your injector’s ability to properly place the Botox as this injection is near the tail of the brow. Please be sure you are seeing a board-certified specialist for your procedure. Best of luck.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Botox

an experienced injector can still inject in the correct areas even if you cannot frown. The key is to find an experienced, reputable injector.

The ABCs of Brow Lifting

I am assuming that when you describe "frown lines", that you are referring to lines located between your eyebrows, just where the nose meets the brow - I say this just to be clear because the term "frown lines" is used differently by different people.  I do not want to cause confusion.

A:  The muscles between the brow act to depress the brow.  So, when properly treated and dosed, the brow will rise.

B:  The muscles located on the outer side of your eyes, also act to depress the brow.  When properly treated and dosed, you will get a lateral brow raise.

C:  The muscles of the upper forehead should not be treated to achieve a raised brow.  

In closing, you should already have a brow life because your frown lines (area between your brows) has been treated and it's depressing action should have already been stopped.  If this is not the case, then a reassessment of infection sites is in order.

David Owers, MD
Vancouver Physician

Botox brow lift

Thank you for your question bookkat26. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Botox is frequently placed between the brows to address the vertical lines seen when one frowns. This usually provides a subtle brow lift. If further enhancement is desired Botox can be placed in the corners of the brows to elevate the tail of the brow. This landmark is easily visible without the necessity to frown. 

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

#botox

Hi.  The ability to inject botox to give a subtle browlift is not dependent on the frown muscles working.  They are totally different and can be done by a skilled injector.

Regards

Damien

Botox brow lift

Brow lifting with Botox is a game of push and pull. There is only one muscle in your brow that lifts it and the others all pull it down. Knowing where to inject in order to target these muscles is key to achieving a lift. The muscle that encircles your eye pulls the brow down at the outside edge of your eyebrow. Placing Botox in this area will decrease the downward pull of this muscle and allow the brow to rise. If your lifting muscle (frontalis) is treated heavily, you may not notice a significant lift, but the injection can still be done with or without your ability to frown.

Dr. Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Brow Lift

There are a few locations that Botox can be used to aid in a brow lift.   The way a brow lift is most commonly performed is by relaxing opposing muscles that pull the brow up.  A few units of botox below the lateral brow is the most common area to inject to obtain the desired eyebrow lift.  Also, relaxing the crows feet, injecting the frowns, and even a high up forehead injection can aid in a more pronounced lift.  As you may know Botox/ Dysport/ and Xeomin are medications that are relaxing the targeted muscles.  One would wonder how a muscle would lift if relaxed.   Intuitively the physician relaxes the counteracting muscle so the opposing muscle in effect is strengthened (it has less opposition).   Again by injecting the outer brow area, or medically termed the Orbicularis Oculi muscle, creates a lift of the eye brow b/c the opposing muscle has less opposition.  

A skilled physician should be able to definitely provide the lift despite having the frowns already treated.  I hope this helps.   

Milan Shah, MD
Bakersfield Physician

Brow Lift and Botox

It sounds as if you may have had enough Botox in that area and do not require additional Botox.  For a small lift, you can have more Botox injected into the lateral upper brow.  Please consult an expert in Botox for this type of injection.  Best, Dr. Green

Brow lift with Botox

Botox injection for eyebrow lift is not dependent on you being able to frown. Your physician should place the Botox at the tail of the brow (superolateral aspect of the orbicularis oculi muscle) to help raise the lateral brow.