Breast reduction pain 4 weeks after surgery. Is it normal for it to be still quite bad or do I need to harden up? (Photo)

My surgeon said it was a technique called The Super Lift (Breast Reduction, Lift, no implants). Extreme case, surgery 11 hours, 5 days in hospital and 3 Hyperbaric Chamber visits. A painful process, 4 weeks later I have a lot of burning everywhere and pain across my upper chest especially when I rise in the morning. I'm happy with the care I received and the results, Im aware its a long recovery and don't believe there is anything wrong but do you think it's usual to be this sore after a month?

Pain after breast reduction

This is not particularly concerning. It is common to have some pain for weeks after surgery, however the details of your surgery taking so long, and then needing hyperbaric therapy is very uncommon, and suggests your surgeon may have been worried about blood supply to your tissues. If this is the case then recovery will probably take longer and be sorer. Regards, Dr Steve Merten

Pain after breast reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

4 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
4 weeks after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

4 weeks post op, some advices:

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Needs a check

Best to check with your doctor.

Photos show some bruising and swelling but nothing severe or extreme.

Needs a check

Best to check with your doctor.

Breast reduction pain 4 weeks after surgery.

Thank you for the question and pictures. Frankly, everything in your description seems somewhat "extreme". Although I realize practices vary, I cannot think of a reason why a breast lift/reduction would take 11 hours and barring complications why hyperbaric chamber "visits" would be required. Pain 4 weeks out of surgery is also unusual (although mild discomfort or soreness can be expected).

Although I cannot advise you more specifically, I would encourage you to follow up with your plastic surgeon and/or seek second opinion consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area if symptoms continue and/or you remain concerned.