Should I get a breast augmentation revision?

I had a breast augmentation exactly 1 year ago, I got 560cc behind muscle, high profile & round, I had c cup prior, my surgeon measured me and said that a 560cc would fill me out nicely and suits my measurements. Since my op, they have not dropped, they are very high & I have my natural boob sagging down, they look very big, hard & long. Do you think I should get a revision to bring the implant down? If so, should that be at the cost of my surgeon since he did not create Pocket big enough?

Deciding on Breast Augmentation Revision

Dear Lisa:

The size of the implant is important when deciding what will look good but equally important is the width of your chest relative to the base width of the implant. This plus the distance from the nipple to the lower breast fold will determine where to place the cut in order to prevent the problem you are having. If a plastic surgeon is familiar with these concepts and you are willing to undergo another procedure the liklihood is that your issue can be corrected. You didn't mention what the pocket location was but in your case this will need to be above the muscle this time. Good luck!

Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Lisa:

Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

Deciding on a Breast Augmentation Revision

Additional elective cosmetic #surgery is a personal choice. Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Breast implant revision

Based on your description, it sounds as if you have a "waterfall" or "snoopy" deformity where your native breast is falling off the bottom of your implant.  I recommend that your correct this by performing a capsulotomy/capsulectomy inferiorly to allow the implants to "drop" and/or create a "dual plane" where the breast tissue is partially released from the pectoralis muscle.  Your plastic surgeon should make the ultimate decision of what is the appropriate surgical plan for you.  I am not sure what arrangement you and your surgeon made preoperatively regarding revision surgery, but I am sure that the vast majority of Plastic surgeons want to provide aesthetically pleasing results and will be willing to work with you on a revision if necessary.  Hope that helps and Happy Holidays!!

Soumo Banerji, MD
Houston Physician

Breast implant revision

Soumo Banerji, MD
Houston Physician